The Student Room Group

First time threading eyebrows?

My prom is this Friday and I'm planning to get my eyebrows threaded for the first time tomorrow and I was wondering how long the swelling and redness lasts? I'm also worried about the pain, does it hurt a lot? Is there any chance of them mucking up my eyebrows?
Well I do my eyebrows quite regularly every 2 months, however my prom is on Thursday and got them threaded yesterday. Before that I haven't threaded them for like 4 months. The redness lasts a few hours but considering this is your first time it could take longer..do it today or tomorrow latest to allow them to heal properly. You can always apply Vaseline over night on them to reduce swelling and redness. Personally threaded eyebrows makes a girl look more sophisticated and brings out the shape more :smile: goodluck! and yes it does hurt a bit but you'll get used to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will hurt and the redness will last for a while. I always get mine threaded, so I've got used to the pain :redface:! And have fun at prom :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The place I go to charges a bit more but they give a head massage etc after and the redness/swelling only lasts about 10 minutes after I've had mine done - and I have insanely sensitive skin. I doubt they'll mess up your brows, threading is generally the best way to get a good shape :-) it hurts a bit but is nothing compared to waxing IMO. And it's worth it too :yep:

Have a great prom!
Reply 4
Original post by bubblegum21
My prom is this Friday and I'm planning to get my eyebrows threaded for the first time tomorrow and I was wondering how long the swelling and redness lasts? I'm also worried about the pain, does it hurt a lot? Is there any chance of them mucking up my eyebrows?

You should be fine. :smile: I would go to one that's recommended by people in your local area/ by friends as you have that knowledge of its reputability. It's really unlikely that they'll muck up your eyebrows (I haven't had that experience yet!). After that I suggest you have them done every month or so- depending on how long they take to grow! When mine get too bad it hurts more to have them threaded D:
Reply 5
Thanks for all your help! I got them threaded today and I honestly couldn't be happier! The redness lasted for less than an hour and the pain was tolerable!
Original post by bubblegum21
Thanks for all your help! I got them threaded today and I honestly couldn't be happier! The redness lasted for less than an hour and the pain was tolerable!

You're welcome :smile:
Aw that's good :biggrin: hope you have fun at your prom :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I find the swelling and redness goes away after an hour or two. It does hurt but not much, more like a stinging sensation.

Edit: Opps just read your update.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest