The Student Room Group

Wrong options..

So, I applied to a course at a uni I wasn’t sure on ( it was a back up/ filler option) now, since I have offers from good unis I had decided to change my option to a different uni. Uni of Surrey -> Bristol. Instead of choosing the right subject, I chose a completely different one Unfortunately, i used my ‘change subject’ option and Idk what should i do?
Original post by curiousgeorge12
So, I applied to a course at a uni I wasn’t sure on ( it was a back up/ filler option) now, since I have offers from good unis I had decided to change my option to a different uni. Uni of Surrey -> Bristol. Instead of choosing the right subject, I chose a completely different one Unfortunately, i used my ‘change subject’ option and Idk what should i do?

You can only change an option within 14 days of ucas receiving your application. Otherwise you have to decline ALL your options and apply though extra when it opens for 1 choice at a time.
If you sucessfully changed to Bristol but not the right course, just contact Bristol ASAP and ask them if they can swap the course.
Original post by Admit-One
If you sucessfully changed to Bristol but not the right course, just contact Bristol ASAP and ask them if they can swap the course.

I’ve done this a couple of days ago, I’m not expecting a reply since it’s Xmas period but is there a chance it will happen before the deadline, if not then what would happen?
I’ve done this a couple of days ago, I’m not expecting a reply since it’s Xmas period but is there a chance it will happen before the deadline, if not then what would happen?

I would usually expect a reply within 10 working days, although the holidays may delay this slightly.

Even if they didn't action it before the 31st, they only need to swap it internally and that shouldn't affect the application date or whether it is flagged as 'on time' or not.
Original post by Admit-One

I would usually expect a reply within 10 working days, although the holidays may delay this slightly.

Even if they didn't action it before the 31st, they only need to swap it internally and that shouldn't affect the application date or whether it is flagged as 'on time' or not.

Do you find this happens often or am I just dumb for picking the wrong course?😅
Do you find this happens often or am I just dumb for picking the wrong course?😅

It's not uncommon to pick something related, (e.g. an integrated Masters instead of a Bachelors, or something with/without a placement year, or with/without a language), and unis are well used to making these amendments. You said that you chose something "completely different" which might raise an eyebrow, but won't affect how they consider your request.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending