The Student Room Group

Interview red flags?

What are the signs that the interviewer is a bad and the workplace will be hell?
I once had a first stage interview with an HR lady who said, ''I work here 7 days a week, by choice. I never take holiday'' and implied she was praised for this. I voluntarily withdrew from that company's application the same day.
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I once had a first stage interview with an HR lady who said, ''I work here 7 days a week, by choice. I never take holiday'' and implied she was praised for this. I voluntarily withdrew from that company's application the same day.

Do you think this is a red flag if on the person specification they list knowledge of some finance related responsibilities as desirable but before interview sent a 4 part test that covered filter and sort data from excel sheet, calculate budget and then technician budget alongwith writing an email , all to be completed in 35 mins?
Original post by IreneJenner
Do you think this is a red flag if on the person specification they list knowledge of some finance related responsibilities as desirable but before interview sent a 4 part test that covered filter and sort data from excel sheet, calculate budget and then technician budget alongwith writing an email , all to be completed in 35 mins?

Not necessarily, that might be a standard part of their interview process to filter out applicants who aren't proficient in basic excel skills required for the job.
Reply 4
Not necessarily, that might be a standard part of their interview process to filter out applicants who aren't proficient in basic excel skills required for the job.

And what about if they don't introduce themselves at all

interviewers don't even anzwer your questions at the end, two of the kept silent snd only one was giving half hearted replies
And what about if they don't introduce themselves at all

interviewers don't even anzwer your questions at the end, two of the kept silent snd only one was giving half hearted replies

Yeah, that's really bad form.
Reply 6
Yeah, that's really bad form.

Only one was replying and the two of them just sat saying nothing even though she was new to the role.
Only one was replying and the two of them just sat saying nothing even though she was new to the role.

Depends, did they say at the start of the interview that the other two would not be asking questions or were not likely to ask questions?

When I last had a panel interview it was with two people, after introductions I was told one would mostly be taking notes while the other mostly asked questions. I only had one question from the person otherwise taking notes, in the end.

If they did not introduce themselves or their roles in the interview then that's possibly more of an eyebrow raiser perhaps.

Good call :smile:
Original post by Kutie Karen
Good call :smile:

Thanks, Kutie!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending