The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Apple Discount for Salford Uni Students.

Not sure this is really the right place to ask this question but...

Has anyone purchased a Mac and used uni discounts? OR Does anyone know how much of a discount uni students get at salford. Looking at purchasing a mac for the start of uni but I am aware you can get discounts for learning establishments.

Many Thanks
Reply 1
Ive used it and I've only applied (conditional offer), just call apple and talk to them and all you have to do is provide proof
I think the discount depends on your product, like I got a macbook pro down about 200 so its worth it
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Super! Thanks will have to give them a call!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Heyy, I got a mac and I go to salford. I got a huge discount! My boyfriend got a £75 itunes card as well, so definitely worth it.
How much discount is available is it a certain percentage?
Hi everyone,

Apple do offer quite generous discounts on some of their products for students studying at a UK HE university (which includes Salford). I don't know exactly what percentage discount you can get, it seems to differ between the online store and the high street stalls. If you are a current student, visit the link below, and choose which university you are studying at, to access the Apple University (HE) store.

http://store.apple.com/uk/mac/education

The only problem is, for the link to work you have to be using a computer connected to Salford's network, but I understand if you are off campus you can phone them on this number and they can help with your order - 0800 072 1154.

Your other option is to visit an Apple retail store - the nearest one to Salford is either within The Arndale Centre in Manchester city centre, or at The Trafford Centre. Have a chat with the advisors in store, and they'll be able to help. You just need to show some form of ID to prove you are a current student, and they should be able to apply a discount... but I don't know if this is the same level of discount as you would get online, but has the advantage of being able to get it there-and-then.

They are also running a promo for students over the summer too, so you could get up to £60 in iTunes/Ap Store credit if you buy before September.

I personally saved around £200 on the price of a 27" iMac a few years ago, so I really recommend looking in to it.

Good luck, let us know how you get on! (I'm a bit of a tech geek!)

Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending