The Student Room Group

Law degree or GDL is it too late to change? (I have a place for September)

Hi I have a place to study law in September at The University of York. However since applying I have been working in a law firm after speaking with solicitors and trainees and I have dscovered the GDL option. This really appeals to me as I have enjoyed my A Level English Lit and Politics so much I would love to carry on studying them and convert afterwards. My question is if I got to uni in September and tried to change onto another course saying I didn't enjoy the law course would they be agreeable to this? or should I approach them now? I don't really want to have another gap year. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Earlier the better if yoou want to change, you want your name top of the list come results day when places become available due to people missing their grades.

You could wait until you get there and see what the course change deadline is, but for a course as competitive as English at York could be too late by then.
Reply 2
Ok thank you I will get in touch with them. This won't jeopardise my place on the law course though? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending