The Student Room Group

Nerves beginning to set in 😬

Ok so basically my driving test is in 2 weeks Monday. I booked my test almost 3 weeks ago and all my lessons were going well but now that I've booked it I'm making stupid mistakes in my lessons and manoeuvres that I never did before. Before booking my test I was confident in myself that I'd pass and now I feel like I'm gonna fail so bad. This is my first test so I don't know what to expect either. Anyone else feel like this and if so or even not has anyone got any tips on what to do because I just wanna pass now because been learning for nearly 7 months!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine is two weeks Tuesday and i keep doing the exact same thing, making silly mistakes that either a) i've not made at all since starting to learn or b) Mistakes i've not made in ages....just the other day i steered too much one way on my parallel park....never done that before. Before that i missed a filter turning right and got stuck in a 6 deep lane dual carriage-way junction for 10 mins and my instructor had to turn the hazards on!!! sooo embarrassing. To calm me down he has said to try and treat it like a lesson, not a test...not easy though. I am sure we will be fine though :biggrin: Good Luck !!
Reply 2
Sounds like we have the exact same problem it's sooo embarrassing but ah I'll try to treat it like a lesson. I think I'm just paranoid and overthinking it. A good thing is that my lessons are currently 1.5 hours long and the test is only 40 minutes so hopefully it goes really quickly. Good luck for yours let's hope we can both be on the roads soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! :smile:

Can't help you much with this, but stay calm and it should be fine! You can always retake the test if it doesn't go as planned and the second time, you will know what to expect so it will be much easier. However, if you were feeling confident in yourself before, then you should be fine - don't over-think it.

Good luck. Hope you get on the road soon! :smile:
Original post by 26december
Sounds like we have the exact same problem it's sooo embarrassing but ah I'll try to treat it like a lesson. I think I'm just paranoid and overthinking it. A good thing is that my lessons are currently 1.5 hours long and the test is only 40 minutes so hopefully it goes really quickly. Good luck for yours let's hope we can both be on the roads soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i am hoping that the test goes quick as well as i have 2 hour lessons in general, i have a 3 hour lesson the day before the test :smile:

Original post by sophie !
Hi! :smile:

Can't help you much with this, but stay calm and it should be fine! You can always retake the test if it doesn't go as planned and the second time, you will know what to expect so it will be much easier. However, if you were feeling confident in yourself before, then you should be fine - don't over-think it.

Good luck. Hope you get on the road soon! :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: !!
No problem! :smile: Let us know how it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling that you're not ready is normal. I passed first time and felt like I wasn't going to pass, went in there with less pressure and it allowed me to stay calmer (I was still somewhat nervous).
Don't worry about it so much! I felt exactly the same way 2 weeks before my test, I even came home crying once :colondollar: Keep at it though, tell yourself that you know you can drive perfectly well and have confidence. Don't let a few wobbly lessons put you off :smile:
I passed first time 6 weeks ago, did the exact same as you said kept making silly mistakes that I hadn't before. A few days running up to the test I used rescue remedy to calm my nerves and on the day I wasn't really nervous and just believed that I knew what I was doing and it payed! You think you have to make the examiner feel safe and to do this you need to be calm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending