The Student Room Group

PhD Application Cambridge still "Under review by department"

Hello everyone! Has anyone here applied for a PhD at Cambridge this year? (so start MS term 24) I applied with a proposal, etc., to the MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit. The deadline was 05.11.23, and students should be notified starting this week, according to the website. But the portal still says "Under review by the department," I have read online that it should be "Under review by committee" if you are shortlisted for interviews. Is anyone familiar with this?
Best regards, and any tips would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
I have but to a different program. DTP in Medical Research. Shows a similar status. Fingers crossed!
Reply 2
Original post by Chill_Researcher
I have but to a different program. DTP in Medical Research. Shows a similar status. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the answer!! :smile: Has your status changed in the meantime?
No, nothing yet. I assume we will hear after the postgraduate offices open on the 2nd. Let me know if you have any updates!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
No, nothing yet. I assume we will hear after the postgraduate offices open on the 2nd. Let me know if you have any updates!

Yes, I thought so, too, I'll do it :smile: I also wrote an e-mail to the admission office because I'm getting so nervous :biggrin:
Original post by Ma.Aim.Vil.
Yes, I thought so, too, I'll do it :smile: I also wrote an e-mail to the admission office because I'm getting so nervous :biggrin:

Yeah, the wait is so nerve-wracking at times. When are the interviews scheduled for your course? Mine is towards the end of January. I looked up Reddit, and people seem to be getting interview offers very close to the interview dates.
Reply 6
Yeah, the wait is so nerve-wracking at times. When are the interviews scheduled for your course? Mine is towards the end of January. I looked up Reddit, and people seem to be getting interview offers very close to the interview dates.

Ah, but that's good news for you! I wish you good luck & success! I was told that the interviews are at the beginning or middle of January, so I can imagine that interview invitations have already been sent out, but I don't know anything about it either (it's my first application) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending