The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

I am a final year student at Aston university. Happy to answer any questions!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ray96
What's aston like for optometry? Is it a popular course here more than pharmacy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Optometry and Pharmacy are two of our most popular courses, our optometry course is ranked 1st in the UK and has a 99% student satisfaction rate on the last National Student Survey. If you would like to know anything else or gather some information on Pharmacy as well don't hesitate to ask.

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Hi, I have an offer of AAB for pharmacy (So happy) but the only problem is that I didn't do very well in AS and got CCC in biology, chemistry and maths and my teachers predicted me BBC.
I'm confident that I can push biology up to an A since it was a pretty high C and I feel I could push my chem and maths up to B.
The problem is I don't feel confident about meeting the AAB offer, Its possible but I already have lower offers from other unis and I'm worried that if I end up getting ABB and get rejected then I would miss out on my ABB offer since I would rather place my insurance as my BBC pharmacology offer in case I mess up like I did in AS.

Anyway, what I wan't to know is how lenient are are aston to people who don't meet the grades since I have heard stories of other unis where people have missed their grades by abouts 2-3 places (e.g. ABB-BCC) but still managed to keep their place.
Original post by Andybro
Hi, I have an offer of AAB for pharmacy (So happy) but the only problem is that I didn't do very well in AS and got CCC in biology, chemistry and maths and my teachers predicted me BBC.
I'm confident that I can push biology up to an A since it was a pretty high C and I feel I could push my chem and maths up to B.
The problem is I don't feel confident about meeting the AAB offer, Its possible but I already have lower offers from other unis and I'm worried that if I end up getting ABB and get rejected then I would miss out on my ABB offer since I would rather place my insurance as my BBC pharmacology offer in case I mess up like I did in AS.

Anyway, what I wan't to know is how lenient are are aston to people who don't meet the grades since I have heard stories of other unis where people have missed their grades by abouts 2-3 places (e.g. ABB-BCC) but still managed to keep their place.

Hi there,

unfortunately with every university, entry requirements act as a rule of thumb. A number of things effect whether offers are made, along with predicted grades things such as the course you are applying for, the number and quality of other applicants, funding and facilities available to said course and so on. The only thing that does slightly increase your chance of entry with lower grades is making a university your firm choice as it places you before all other applicants who come in through clearing. I can only wish you the best of luck and apologizing for not having a clearer answer.
Reply 63
what percentage of international business management is exam based?
Hi!

I have received my exam results (2nd year) and they have asked me to withdraw, the student union advice dept has suggested for year repeat but since I've got a proper medical note from GP and I have secured a good placement for myself in Berlin, can this be used in my favour and help convince the exam board to consider me for re-sits instead of year repeat?

Thank & Regards,
Aniket
Original post by aniket97
Hi!

I have received my exam results (2nd year) and they have asked me to withdraw, the student union advice dept has suggested for year repeat but since I've got a proper medical note from GP and I have secured a good placement for myself in Berlin, can this be used in my favour and help convince the exam board to consider me for re-sits instead of year repeat?

Thank & Regards,
Aniket

Hi Aniket,
You might want to start a new thread as this is 3 years old.
Congrats on securing a good placement! However being that the exam board suggested you to withdraw, then you must have failed your modules quite significantly?
I also agree with the union that the better option is to resit the year if you Can!

Quick Reply

Latest