The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, all i got is accomodation information - the acceptance form and a little "living room" A5 booklet and stuff about ACRA. I haven't got anything particular about enrolement but i guess theres loadsa form filling to do in freshers when we aint out of our faces.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
yeh i got that ages ago....a freshers pack is sent out in the next coupla days...
Reply 3
don't worry i think it can take quite a while for the accommodation stuff to come through. i got mine today but i still know others who haven't received anything yet
Reply 4
u get like a pink form, and ure living room book....but u should also get a freshers pack that expains alot of stuff........thats all im waiting for now

meow
I haven't got anything from them yet except a letter confirming that I have been accepted. I hope to hear from them soon!
Reply 6
soorry, the pink form is the offer of residence paper....not sure if ull get one of them or another form...hmmmmm.....come september and u havent heard anything, give them a ring
Reply 7
Got it all this morning :smile:

Ali x
Reply 8
Has anyone recieved their timetable or info about freshers week or something? I havent yet but was wondering when should we do so as i know some other people that they have heard from their university when they are exactly strating and their time table etc
You get your timetable for the year during Freshers' Week, but you should get something soon about what's going on during Freshers' Week
Reply 10
Do you know when freshers week will exactly start. It says we can pick up our key from the 23rd september and thats when im planning on moving in as well but if freshers week starts a week later or something then there is no point moving in then.

Just wondered when are others planning on moving into their flat?
Reply 11
freshers week starts on the 23rd i think. there's some sort of entertainment provided every night from then. and i think enrolement starts on the 24th? i got a load of stuff in the post today, an itinary and checklists etc. 4 weeks today!
Reply 12
i havent recieved any of tht yet :frown:
Reply 13
Hey, freshers week and the enrolment start on the 25th September (Mon) but i expect people to move in on the 23rd/24th - don't know which one.
Probably a silly question but what actually is freshers week, besides gettin to know people and checking out the rooms/buildings? What goes on during the week?
Reply 14
i havent got any info at all!
i phoned up 2day n thy said that info will be sent out soon, international students are gonna sent info first then the rest.
they said no need to worry all info is bein put together and will be sent out soon!
Freshers' Week is mainly about meeting people and stuff, The Guild in the evening and getting enrolled on your course with some introductory lectures to give you an outline
Reply 16
Hello Everybody,

I just got sent an entire accomodation packet, confirming my room etc. Still haven't recieved any fresher's week information or enrollment package. Awaiting it still. Will be moving into Lakeside on the 25th.
Reply 17
I received a freshers pack today with a booklet detailing the entire week. It included the usual adverts for insurance and stuff. Freshers Week is going to be quality! (OK getting a bit over excited) Anyway the pack says that Aston's Freshers week was voted the best by FHM and the Virgin Student guide!
Reply 18
Not to rain on the parade, but that was about 3 years ago if im not very much mistaken :tongue:
Reply 19
in these packs, does it say wen we can join societies n stuff? i stil aint got mine :-s

Latest