The Student Room Group

Does the CS send postal letters?

Hi,

I have received an offer for a position as an EO and am wondering if the Civil Service sends postal letters, at any stage in the process (I am just coming near the end of completing pre-employment checks).

This is really important to me as the person I live with keeps taking my post from me, so I don't receive it and they get all the info relating to it. I would be super grateful if anyone could tell me exactly at what stage one starts to receive letters eg. regarding pension, formal job offer, or anything else. Also, once one is in employment, do you receive any postal letters then?

Many thanks for any help
(edited 9 months ago)
All the information that you receive at first will be through the same method that you offer was communicated (I presume this is email).

When employed you will likely receive some items through the post for information, such as for selecting a pension scheme. However you will be able to inform the onboarding team or line manager and arrange for this information to be provided electronically if necessary.

This will depend on your role, but its possible that some of your IT (if the role is hybrid or remote working) will be sent via post once employment checks have been completed. You should be able to arrange to collect this from a local office if this will be a problem.

You will then on rare instances receive some correspondence from your pension provider in the form of your annual pension statement. Although again when you register you'd be able to elect to receive these electronically.

Hope that helps.

I recently started a new role in DfT, but all correspondence and documentation was handled electronically via email with exception to my IT, which was delivered to my address.
Reply 2
Original post by CS_Insights
All the information that you receive at first will be through the same method that you offer was communicated (I presume this is email).

When employed you will likely receive some items through the post for information, such as for selecting a pension scheme. However you will be able to inform the onboarding team or line manager and arrange for this information to be provided electronically if necessary.

This will depend on your role, but its possible that some of your IT (if the role is hybrid or remote working) will be sent via post once employment checks have been completed. You should be able to arrange to collect this from a local office if this will be a problem.

You will then on rare instances receive some correspondence from your pension provider in the form of your annual pension statement. Although again when you register you'd be able to elect to receive these electronically.

Hope that helps.

I recently started a new role in DfT, but all correspondence and documentation was handled electronically via email with exception to my IT, which was delivered to my address.

Hi CS_Insights, thanks so much, that is so informative. I recently received an email talking about the Alpha Vs Partner Pension scheme. Is it possible that this letter was also sent via the post?!
I am worried that I will not have the time to request electronic correspondence and they will send some post before I get the chance.
Original post by Cookie.Stars
Hi CS_Insights, thanks so much, that is so informative. I recently received an email talking about the Alpha Vs Partner Pension scheme. Is it possible that this letter was also sent via the post?!
I am worried that I will not have the time to request electronic correspondence and they will send some post before I get the chance.

Hi there!

Yes I think it is possible. I don't think you'll actually receive the forms to 'sign up' for any of these in the post though as my understanding is that you just enrol onto these schemes through work. This process takes weeks rather than days though, so hopefully you should have some time.
Reply 4
Original post by CS_Insights
Hi there!

Yes I think it is possible. I don't think you'll actually receive the forms to 'sign up' for any of these in the post though as my understanding is that you just enrol onto these schemes through work. This process takes weeks rather than days though, so hopefully you should have some time.

Thanks so much for the info again, CS_Insights.
Gosh that is very worrying if I have received the pension letter through the post..
Could anyone else confirm whether there is a pension letter that is sent (where they mention Alpha Vs Partnership pension that they also send in email format) when you are offered a position within the civil service (whilst doing pre-employment checks)??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending