The Student Room Group

2024 IEA Future Thought Leaders' Programme (April)

Hi, has anyone received a response from IEA already?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
I got an offer a few weeks ago
Original post by M192837
Hi,
I’m planning on applying to the July intake, and was wondering if you have any advice on the application? Did you just upload your normal CV, or was it more academic? And what sort of things did you put into your cover letter?

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jfhibwefi
Hi,
I’m planning on applying to the July intake, and was wondering if you have any advice on the application? Did you just upload your normal CV, or was it more academic? And what sort of things did you put into your cover letter?
so storytime i didn’t realise I got admitted as the msg got sent to my spam folder lol… but all is well as they still let me in. uploading your normal cv is fine, as for your cover letter, you could talk about the econ-related books you read and some extracurriculars and most imptly how they link with the IEA programme 👍
Original post by testdummy
so storytime i didn’t realise I got admitted as the msg got sent to my spam folder lol… but all is well as they still let me in. uploading your normal cv is fine, as for your cover letter, you could talk about the econ-related books you read and some extracurriculars and most imptly how they link with the IEA programme 👍
Okay thank you so much! Glad they still let you in :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jfhibwefi
Hi,
Don't bother on it being too academic, since you're only a sixth form student they don't expect you to know too much about economics and such. I personally applied with my regular CV and the cover letter mentioning some academic achievements I have, and outlining why I want to do the internship, as well as showcasing my passion for economics.

Are you applying for any other internships / work experience over the summer?
Original post by Bob.QZO
Don't bother on it being too academic, since you're only a sixth form student they don't expect you to know too much about economics and such. I personally applied with my regular CV and the cover letter mentioning some academic achievements I have, and outlining why I want to do the internship, as well as showcasing my passion for economics.
Are you applying for any other internships / work experience over the summer?
Thank you so much! I haven't found much else yet, I've applied for PWC insights and plan to look for other opportunities too. How about you? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by M192837
did you receive a follow up with details? I only received one where i had to send my personal info, but have not received any response. Have you?
Reply 9
did you receive a follow up with details? I only received one where i had to send my personal info, but have not received any response. Have you?

I got the follow up asking for details but no response like you
r u going to the first or second intake

Did you receive a confirmation email after submitting your application saying that they had received it? Bcs I've applied for the July intake but didn't receive a confirmation email
Original post by qwrkjhgfdxxcv
Did you receive a confirmation email after submitting your application saying that they had received it? Bcs I've applied for the July intake but didn't receive a confirmation email

i didnt get one, but they replied w the offer like two weeks later
Original post by qwrkjhgfdxxcv

I also applied for the July intake and didn't receive a confirmation email - I hope they got it okay, I was thinking of emailing but as you didn't receive on either I think I'll leave it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest