The Student Room Group

government social research knowledge test

Anyone done one of these before I have the link it says it's timed...40mins...anyone know how many questions? Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jpogk
Anyone done one of these before I have the link it says it's timed...40mins...anyone know how many questions? Any advice?

Hi, did you end up completing the test?
Reply 2
Original post by jgriff105
Hi, did you end up completing the test?

Yes I did 😌 it was timed and 40, I can't remember exactly how many questions though, but some straight forward not too bad, wait on! did you do it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah I managed to do it do, there was 25 questions I think. I got 45 minutes to do them. Hope we’ve done well!
Reply 4
Ah that's it then I couldn't remember! I did feel slightly rushed for time, but finished all. Some questions like the correlation coefficient etc one would have liked more time to think about, but who knows I think it went ok! Good luck!
Reply 5
Has anyone heard back on their results?
Original post by geb527
Has anyone heard back on their results?

Not yet
Reply 7
No nothing yet either..
Reply 8
Hi guys! Hope you got good news? I have my interview on the 25th, worried about the presentation aspect! Anyone know if this will be on technical skills or competencies? Hoping it to be the former! Never done a CS presentation! Good luck to you all :smile:
Hello, I have just done mine and I was wondering do you the chance to see the results? I am afraid I have messed up.
Reply 10
I am about to take it and Im so worried! Was it hard?
Original post by Liv65

I found it more difficult than expected even though I revised. Good luck! Hopefully we hear back soon.
In

Original post by JoyVen93
Hello, I have just done mine and I was wondering do you the chance to see the results? I am afraid I have messed up.

I don’t think so.
Original post by Liv65

I don't know how to answer to answer, I personally found it hard, I revised, I kept notes (lots of notes) that eventually I couldn't use. in some occasions more than one option could be the right answer as well which made me confused. I have been studying social methods for years now and I know what i need to do in order to design the study but the ones I got during the test made me confused and I am afraid I have filed but you never know. I hope to hear good news.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by JoyVen93
I don't know how to answer to answer, I personally found it hard, I revised, I kept notes (lots of notes) that eventually I couldn't use. in some occasions more than one option could be the right answer as well which made me confused. I have been studying social methods for years now and I know what i need to do in order to design the study but the ones I got during the test made me confused and I am afraid I have filed but you never know. I hope to hear good news.

I spent about a day revising and writing everything down that I learnt from my MRes research modules, but felt like this did not prepare me enough for the questions in the exam. I’m so afraid I’ve failed it- hopefully we hear soon.
Has anyone had an interview invite for the 2023 scheme?
Original post by hannahgeo123
Has anyone had an interview invite for the 2023 scheme?

Yep
Original post by nadishere
Yep

All seems a bit of a shambles if you've had the same emails as me haha
Original post by hannahgeo123
All seems a bit of a shambles if you've had the same emails as me haha

Deffo haha, wonder what’s going on over there lol
Reply 19
I've had the same emails - has anyone managed to book an interview yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending