The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

How lenient are salford with entry requirements?

I need around 280-300 points but I will most likely end up with 240-260
Reply 1
Original post by hasan-1-

What course?
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by malefni
What course?

Psychology
there's always a foundation year available :smile:
as far as fees go your never going to pay of your student loans so making them a bit bigger isnt a big deal :P
Reply 4
Original post by jjaammster
there's always a foundation year available :smile:
as far as fees go your never going to pay of your student loans so making them a bit bigger isnt a big deal :P

Salford do a foundation year?
Can you send me the link to the course? I can only find one for international students
Salford do a foundation year?
Can you send me the link to the course? I can only find one for international students

Hi
i don't know what course this would be if there is one available im afraid, i have a friend who is doing acoustics and he did a mechanical engineering foundation year

jjaammster
Reply 6
Psychology

I got an offer through clearing today to do psychology and criminology at Salford, the psychology tutor I spoke to was really nice, if you have any issues I'd definitely recommend ringing them up and speaking to someone or going through clearing as they genuinely seem to be taking people on an individual basis rather than just ucas points when you apply that way. Their clearing vacancies go live on their website tomorrow, I think they have spaces in psychology though. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello hasan-1 what course are you looking to get on? And there's a list of clearing courses on the university website here http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/clearing/clearing-courses-a-z

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Honestly I needed like 300 UCAS points and I got about 220, and I got an unconditional offer. I think that's maybe because I had a gap two years, but they're still really really lenient.

Hi Hasan-1,
The entry requirements for Psychology BSc (Hons) at Salford is 260-300 points. Full details about the course can be found here - http://www.salford.ac.uk/ug-courses/psychology

If you are concerned about your results, I'd suggest calling our clearing line for entry this September 0161 295 0080. Our friendly team will be able to advise you, as it very much depends on your individual circumstances.

Best of luck with your application, Salford is a great place to study. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Ross

hello, what course are you looking to get on? and i could find out the requirements for you or let you know where to look :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by SalfordRep_Dominic
hello, what course are you looking to get on? and i could find out the requirements for you or let you know where to look :smile:

Psychology
I know the standard requirements but what are the clearing requirements?
Psychology
I know the standard requirements but what are the clearing requirements?

Hello Hasan, the entry requirements for clearing are made on an individual basis. This means your personal circumstances are considered and then you're given feedback. You can call the clearing team on this number tel:01612950080 and they'll let you know what you need. Do let me know how this goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by SalfordRep_Dominic
Hello Hasan, the entry requirements for clearing are made on an individual basis. This means your personal circumstances are considered and then you're given feedback. You can call the clearing team on this number tel:01612950080 and they'll let you know what you need. Do let me know how this goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll ring them on results day when I know my actual results!
Would individual circumstances not be taken into account when normal offers are reviewed?
As I currently hold a offer as my firm but I know I won't get the actual points required
I'll ring them on results day when I know my actual results!
Would individual circumstances not be taken into account when normal offers are reviewed?
As I currently hold a offer as my firm but I know I won't get the actual points required

Yes, it does depend on your individual circumstances as to whether Salford would be able to accept you on the course if you don’t quite meet the entry requirements. Your best option is to call us when you get your results and they’ll be able to advise you on the phone as to what to do next. Hope this helps, good luck, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. I got interview call from salford uni for physiotherapy. Currently im studying access course and They need all distinctions. Im wondering are they that lenient if you got all distinctions but 2 merits.?will they accept you? If your interview goes well will they neglect if you dont meet their standard requirements? Help me out please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending