The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Whitworth Park social life?

I got an accommodation offer yesterday for Whitworth Park (my second choice, I really wanted to go to Oak House), and I've emailed the accommodation offices to ask if they can change me to Oak House...mainly because the reviews of Whitworth Park are terrifying me.

Everyone seems to be saying its this desolate, silent place with nothing to do and no laughter or joy :'(
I'm really scared its going to be like that, because I'm a really sociable person and my image of uni is cooking with friends, pre drinking, having hall parties and going out in groups, and mainly meeting fun and lively people.

Can someone comment with some real experiences of what living in Whitworth Park is like? And please dont say how awesome other halls are, its just going to depress me lol
Hey, I'm going to be living in Whitworth Park next year. If you look at the 2013/2014 Whitworth Park group on a certain well known social network you can see they often had pre drinks, flat parties, nights out etc. In the end it's what you make of it. In halls with over 1000 people you're bound to meet some people who want to do the same things as you! :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hi...I am not a student but the accommodation seems well located to me and close to plenty of stuff as well as transport links.

One minor safety tip..do not walk through Whitworth park at night or very early in the morning.
Reply 3
Original post by SusieShire
Hey, I'm going to be living in Whitworth Park next year. If you look at the 2013/2014 Whitworth Park group on a certain well known social network you can see they often had pre drinks, flat parties, nights out etc. In the end it's what you make of it. In halls with over 1000 people you're bound to meet some people who want to do the same things as you! :smile:

Thanks, I never thought to check out the group...going to have a look there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending