The Student Room Group

Need Advice for Med School Laptop

Hello Everyone,

As you can see from the title, I need some help on choosing a laptop for med school.
I have done my research, and have come up with the following needed factors:
speed, battery life, and portability.
The ability to draw diagrams on the PDF/Word file is also much needed.
Also, my aimed budget is 550 GBP. If the desired laptop is well worth it, I will not mind throwing in a few extra $

So as a result, I've deduced my options to Microsoft Surface 2/3, Lenovo Yoga 2 (I don't appreciate the lack of battery life but like the hybrid aspect), and the Macbook Air.

Personally, I don't like the macbook air as this OS has me feeling constrained and limited to only what Apple has to offer. This would be a last resort option for me.

I am also a very casual gamer, I like to unwind with a few games of League and other such games with my buddies every now and then.

So tell me, which of these options do you think is best for me? If I am missing any other important factors/laptops please feel free to post your thoughts.

Also to UK Med Students, what programs do you use in school other than the usual Word, Powerpoint, etc. Is there any programs designated specifically for our learning/lectures/etc.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Good luck trying to find a store that sells laptops using pounds sterling (£550) but will accept "extra" US dollars making up the difference on anything over that price.

trololol

I regret nothing, other than that I couldn't help. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending