The Student Room Group

I'm an Oxbridge reject, ask me anything :D

As the title suggests, Oxford reject here so ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

How close do you think you were and what impact do you think it has had/ will have on you?
what did you apply for? where were you when you got the rejection letter and how did you feel?
Original post by L'Etudiant
How close do you think you were and what impact do you think it has had/ will have on you?

I got rejected after interview so pretty close. I don't conceive the impact to be terribly big other than a hit off my ego. I took the: "what will be will be and there's no way of changing that" route. :smile:
Original post by Secretnerd123
what did you apply for? where were you when you got the rejection letter and how did you feel?

I applied for English Literature. I was at home nervously eating chocolate and then, after I got my rejection, I continued in my state of contained tears while still eating chocolate :tongue:
Original post by EdmundPhilips
I got rejected after interview so pretty close. I don't conceive the impact to be terribly big other than a hit off my ego. I took the: "what will be will be and there's no way of changing that" route. :smile:

Thanks for your reply :smile:
Original post by L'Etudiant
Thanks for your reply :smile:

Anything to beat off my boredom for a few minutes while trying not to go to sleep...
I applied for English Literature. I was at home nervously eating chocolate and then, after I got my rejection, I continued in my state of contained tears while still eating chocolate :tongue:

are you at a russell group now?
are you at a russell group now?

If I get the grades for my firm I'll be going to Newcastle University (AAA) or, if not, then I'll be going to the University of Edinburgh (AAB). So yeah, I'll be at a Russell Group :smile:
If I get the grades for my firm I'll be going to Newcastle University (AAA) or, if not, then I'll be going to the University of Edinburgh (AAB). So yeah, I'll be at a Russell Group :smile:

best of luck! :smile:
what were was the entry req at oxbridge?
best of luck! :smile:
what were was the entry req at oxbridge?

Most people I know who got offers needed A*AA
Most people I know who got offers needed A*AA

not bad. I thought it'd be something ridiculous like A*A*A
An oxford reject you say? I have but one question...

How's life in Durham? :colone:
Reply 13
What are your school grades so far? And where you from?
Original post by BenAssirati
An oxford reject you say? I have but one question...

How's life in Durham? :colone:

I rejected Durham for Newcastle
Did you request feedback on why oxford rejected you post interview?
Original post by Emilygal
What are your school grades so far? And where you from?

GCSE - A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AB

AS - AAAA

Predicated A level (and AS) - A*A*Aa

And I'm from Surrey :smile:
Original post by 06shawm
Did you request feedback on why oxford rejected you post interview?

Yes, they said that there were too many applicants for the course (it's one of the most oversubscribed) so entry was "extremely competitive" and in any other given year I would have "a considerable chance of gaining an offer"
What uni do you plan on going now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rejected Durham for Newcastle

Really? I am going to apply for English Lit in 2015, but I did not like what I saw of Newcastle at all. Loving the look of Lancaster and Exeter though.

Quick Reply

Latest