The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Offer-Holders 2023

Hello,
Was wondering if we could make a thread about everyone's offers etc and talk about our courses/college choices.

Scroll to see replies

That's a brilliant idea! I hope this thread will involve postgraduate students as well as I haven't come across a single one for Durham master's or PhD candidates/ offer holders.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by anthro_int5
That's a brilliant idea! I hope this thread will involve postgraduate students as well as I haven't come across a single one for Durham master's or PhD candidates/ offer holders.

Of course, though I'm undergrad.

I think we should make groupchats to get to know people before Uni?
Brilliant idea. My daughter has an offer for PPE and going to the Offer holder day in March. So far she's interested in : Chads, Cuffs, Mary's, Hatfield, Johns. She wants catered. So we are going to be looking at what appeals when we get there.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Brilliant idea. My daughter has an offer for PPE and going to the Offer holder day in March. So far she's interested in : Chads, Cuffs, Mary's, Hatfield, Johns. She wants catered. So we are going to be looking at what appeals when we get there.

Cuffs :u:
Reply 5
I just got an offer to study MSc Management (International Business) last week! So excited!

So far I'm interested in Ustinov, Castle and Hatfield.
Reply 6
This seems like a really useful thread. I recently got an unconditional offer for Natural Sciences. I'm going to the Offer Holders Day at the end of March. I've applied for Hatfield, John's, Chad's, Castle and Cuth's as my top 5 choices.
I got an offer for History with a Foundation year :smile: My top 5 colleges were John's, Chads, Cuth's, John Snow and Mary's
Hi everyone, congratulations on your offers! I know this may sound silly, but on what basis/ criteria are you choosing your colleges?
Hi everyone, congratulations on your offers! I know this may sound silly, but on what basis/ criteria are you choosing your colleges?

Hi, I’m choosing mine primarily in terms of how close they are to my lectures (Elvet Riverside). Top are Cuths, Johns & Hatfield.
i got an offer last week for natural sciences last week and i’m going on the 22nd march offer holder day so if anyone else for natural sciences is going then let me know as would be great to get to know you beforehand!!
Original post by d.harley
Hi, I’m choosing mine primarily in terms of how close they are to my lectures (Elvet Riverside). Top are Cuths, Johns & Hatfield.

I see, that makes sense. Thank you!

I chose my colleges based on their size (mostly), St. Chads and St. Johns are my top 2 as I would prefer a smaller college. I also made sure I had a couple of self-catered options as well near the top, just in case. So I put John Snow and Cuth's in there too
Original post by lily.m4e
I chose my colleges based on their size (mostly), St. Chads and St. Johns are my top 2 as I would prefer a smaller college. I also made sure I had a couple of self-catered options as well near the top, just in case. So I put John Snow and Cuth's in there too

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! Will definitely help me decide.
Wow, thank you so much for sharing! Will definitely help me decide.

No problem, DMs are always open if you (or anyone) wanna talk uni :smile:
I haven't got an e-mail for college allocation yet, does anyone know how the whole accommodation process works?
Original post by lizzygrantt
I haven't got an e-mail for college allocation yet, does anyone know how the whole accommodation process works?

https://www.durham.ac.uk/colleges-and-student-experience/colleges/your-college---postgraduate/the-allocation-process---postgraduate/
Original post by lizzygrantt

Hey there

The link sent above was for postgrad, here's the undergrad link: https://www.durham.ac.uk/colleges-and-student-experience/colleges/your-college---undergraduate/expressing-a-preference---undergraduate/#d.en.467348

-Himieka
Reply 18
Original post by dcb3
Of course, though I'm undergrad.

I think we should make groupchats to get to know people before Uni?

I love the idea of groupchats! I've just got an offer for English Literature and History and, as someone from a working-class background, I'm a little bit worried about the classist rumours I've heard about Durham and making friends. So I'd definitely feel better about knowing a few people beforehand.
Original post by hls.x
I love the idea of groupchats! I've just got an offer for English Literature and History and, as someone from a working-class background, I'm a little bit worried about the classist rumours I've heard about Durham and making friends. So I'd definitely feel better about knowing a few people beforehand.

I also would love to make a groupchat so I can know a few people before I go. I'm worried about the classism as well, coming from a not well off area

Quick Reply

Latest