The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB Elms Village Residents 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by jonesnm07
Manchester in England, you?

Monaghan, Ireland. Just south of the border. Looks like they're sticking the applicants who are furthest away in oaks :L What are you studying?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 101
Original post by takerv1
Monaghan, Ireland. Just south of the border. Looks like they're sticking the applicants who are furthest away in oaks :L What are you studying?

Actually I think I've seen a few in other houses. It was on that Facebook page if you've seen it? If not would you like the link to it? I think it's just we know ours before them as we are further away.

I'm doing business economics :smile: how about you?
Original post by takerv1

I've seen a lot of people in ash but barely any in oak, it's weird
I'm studying Medicine, you?
Reply 103
Original post by Kazza96
Actually I think I've seen a few in other houses. It was on that Facebook page if you've seen it? If not would you like the link to it? I think it's just we know ours before them as we are further away.

Are you in Oak 08 yourself? Cheers for the clarification, I was beginning to think we were all shepherded into our own little colony haha So where are you moving from? That's ok, I'm familiar with the page you're referring to. I'm doing Psychology :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by jonesnm07
I've seen a lot of people in ash but barely any in oak, it's weird
I'm studying Medicine, you?

Yeah I've noticed that myself. Psychology. Have you had a chance to read through that QUB guide of the accommodation? Seemingly there is only a 1000 watt electricity limit per room which is ridiculously low.
Reply 105
Original post by Kazza96
Hello!:smile: I'm from Manchester in England and I am studying business economics. What about you?:smile:

I'm from London and I'm studying Medicine :biggrin: are you going on the saturday or sunday? not sure when to go...
Original post by takerv1
Yeah I've noticed that myself. Psychology. Have you had a chance to read through that QUB guide of the accommodation? Seemingly there is only a 1000 watt electricity limit per room which is ridiculously low.

Yeah no, I haven't had a look.

Sure it'll be fine haha
Original post by Kazza96

Please could you post the facebook link? My laptop hasn't been letting me access it and I am wondering if it will let me if I get the direct link?! Thank you x
Reply 108
Anyone for ROW02? And at that, anyone else on the ground floor? :smile:
Reply 109
Anyone in ROW04?
Reply 110
Original post by NicNeptune
Got my offer this morning. I'm on Erasmus from ROI, and got Ash11. Really excited now!! :smile:

Hey, I'm from ROI as well and I was wondering if you have any experience of applying for the SUSI grant? It seems to be the only maintenance funding I'm eligible for and if I do get it I think it's gonna come really late.
Original post by takerv1
Hey, I'm from ROI as well and I was wondering if you have any experience of applying for the SUSI grant? It seems to be the only maintenance funding I'm eligible for and if I do get it I think it's gonna come really late.

Hi there,

I do indeed :smile: This is my third year applying for it, and I've heard nothing yet, but usually you would be approved around August/September if I recall correctly. I received my first payment in October in first year, and November in second year, so it would come rather late in the first semester, I'm afraid.

http://www.susi.ie/Info/Home/InfoPods/Short-Courses-(1)/Making-your-application.aspx This page tells you everything you need for your application. Most of the form is very easy and quick to fill out (I did most of mine at work). The only part you might struggle with are the insertion of income details, but if you go to your parents/guardians, you'll be grand ^_^

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else :biggrin:
Reply 112
Original post by NicNeptune
Hi there,

I do indeed :smile: This is my third year applying for it, and I've heard nothing yet, but usually you would be approved around August/September if I recall correctly. I received my first payment in October in first year, and November in second year, so it would come rather late in the first semester, I'm afraid.

http://www.susi.ie/Info/Home/InfoPods/Short-Courses-(1)/Making-your-application.aspx This page tells you everything you need for your application. Most of the form is very easy and quick to fill out (I did most of mine at work). The only part you might struggle with are the insertion of income details, but if you go to your parents/guardians, you'll be grand ^_^

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else :biggrin:

Thanks mate, I might take you up on that! I've already applied about a month ago but my dad's gonna be late getting his farm accounts together so I might miss the deadline for evidence. Does that matter much? It's a real bitch for non-UK students to get help from student finance UK isn't it? I have to pay my first year tuition fees and rent for Elms myself :/
Original post by Shezzanator
Heeey! I've found someone. I'm in oak 3 room 101. Wbu? :smile:

Room 101. That sounds ominous...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaa, almost wish I was room 101 just so I could make that joke. I'm in 206, so just above you. What you studying?
Original post by AnnaEliC
Hahaa, almost wish I was room 101 just so I could make that joke. I'm in 206, so just above you. What you studying?

Ahh awesome. We're like semi neighbours :P I'm doing medicine :smile: what about yourself?
Anyone in Row01 ? :smile:
I must be the only Tyrone person to not receive an offer yet!
Original post by Shezzanator
Ahh awesome. We're like semi neighbours :P I'm doing medicine :smile: what about yourself?

Architecture :smile: Are you an NI student?
Just got mine! Ash 06 anyone? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cb7074
Anyone in ROW04?

I'm ROW04 202!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending