The Student Room Group

Exchange Student looking for University of Leeds accommodation advice

Hello, I’m an international exchange student coming to study ar University of Leeds next year (Jan 2023).

I’ve been looking around and there are a lot of options for accommodations. I’m from Brazil so I’ve never had to choose where to live while in uni, so I’m looking for advice

I’m planning to stay over the summer so I’d have to get one of the accommodations listed below. I looked around and James Baillie Park, CitySide and White Rose View look pretty good to live in.

**Summer accommodation**

Burley Road Residence
CitySide
Clarence Dock Village
Hepworth Lodge
iQ Leeds
James Baillie Park
Leodis Residences
Mary Morris
Oak House
Oxley Residences
The Tannery
White Rose View

Is there anything I should know about these places or is there a better accommodation on the list?

I don’t mind if the accommodation is known to be social or not (I’d prefer if it isn’t known for its parties), I’m not that into night life and I’d like if the area I was living was fairly known for being safe. I saw people mentioning Hyde Park area is not /that/ safe but I don’t know if any of the 3 accommodations I mentioned are located there. I’d also like if there were close shops/supermarkets since I’m planning to be self-catered and I don’t like walking that much (the walk to the university is enough xD)

Thank you for the help!
Reply 1
Original post by anddressa
Hello, I’m an international exchange student coming to study ar University of Leeds next year (Jan 2023).

I’ve been looking around and there are a lot of options for accommodations. I’m from Brazil so I’ve never had to choose where to live while in uni, so I’m looking for advice

I’m planning to stay over the summer so I’d have to get one of the accommodations listed below. I looked around and James Baillie Park, CitySide and White Rose View look pretty good to live in.

**Summer accommodation**

Burley Road Residence
CitySide
Clarence Dock Village
Hepworth Lodge
iQ Leeds
James Baillie Park
Leodis Residences
Mary Morris
Oak House
Oxley Residences
The Tannery
White Rose View

Is there anything I should know about these places or is there a better accommodation on the list?

I don’t mind if the accommodation is known to be social or not (I’d prefer if it isn’t known for its parties), I’m not that into night life and I’d like if the area I was living was fairly known for being safe. I saw people mentioning Hyde Park area is not /that/ safe but I don’t know if any of the 3 accommodations I mentioned are located there. I’d also like if there were close shops/supermarkets since I’m planning to be self-catered and I don’t like walking that much (the walk to the university is enough xD)

Thank you for the help!

Do u have an idea of what oxley residence is like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending