The Student Room Group

beer drinkers what beer

people who like beer what beer do you usually drink? I like a good ale but some times I might go for a change and have a larger or even a wheat beer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stella, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Cobra, Carling and Becks
Drinking Old Speckled Hen at the mo :yes:
Special ****en brew maaaate

does the job.
Peroni and Heineken.

For cheap beers I like Budweiser.

I'd rather drink my own piss than Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, etc.. all that other nasty cheap stuff.
I'll usually have whatever ale the pub I am in serves. Try to go for something local to where I am at the time if I can. And I quite like craft stuff, so anything sixpoint or brewdog etc etc.
Reply 6
Original post by 93jm
people who like beer what beer do you usually drink? I like a good ale but some times I might go for a change and have a larger or even a wheat beer

Wheat beer for the win! Mmmmm Bananenweizen!

I need to try some ales when I'm back in the UK, apparently I don't dislike beer, just lager! I could drink guiness all day too, but not sure I actually like it, it's just very drinkable!
I really like Gold Ochsen which I'm suuuure I'd seen somewhere in the UK but can't find it online.
Fly to Lanzarote. Drink Dorada.

Failing that, Stella.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loat
Drinks Heineken.

Calls other drinks nasty and cheap.

What.

Just my opinion. I really can't stand Carlsberg, Carling or Fosters, and usually when people in the UK have beer at their house, that's what they tend to have :frown:
I really can't seem to get into beers :frown: Tried so many but they all seem to taste the same.
Reply 10
Original post by martin jol
Special ****en brew maaaate

does the job.

as odd as it sounds I actually enjoy a can of kestrel from time to time
I generally don't drink the same beer when I go out or stay in - I like to try new things.

However when out I probably drink Coniston Bluebird more than anything because it's cheap at my local.
When I'm in I probably drink Badger Golden Glory, Zubr, Tyskie and Zywiec more than any others.
Duvel.
Original post by 93jm

First lets address the term beer. Personally for me, beer has always been used to refer to lager (because of my Dad). But I personally class beer as ale. Lager is just lager to me at least.

I drink Asahi, Tyskie and Tsingtao lager.

Ale I've become less of a fan off recently :/ But I like almost all Jennings, Shepard Neame, Badger and Marston ales. However personal favourites are Newcastle Brown and Spitfire :biggrin:
Apple juice is where its at :biggrin: Seriously your missing out!
Reply 15
Budweiser and Fosters Gold
Stella, Desperados or Corona
Original post by 93jm

Ghost Ship in cans when its on offer at 8 for £8 at tescos, stock up lad.

Not mad on pale lager, it often tastes a bit too much like damp cardboard and not much else. Pilsner Urquell is ok because you can taste the Saaz hops. I do like dark lagers like Budvar dark though, its got more flavour to it.

I tend to drink whatever's local to the area. Something pale and hoppy is best.
Original post by 93jm
as odd as it sounds I actually enjoy a can of kestrel from time to time

Duvel is the only strong beer i've tasted that i've liked.
Original post by 93jm

San Miguel for me :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest