The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Freshers Week 2006

Sat 23-Sep-2006

Freshers Welcome Party with Chappers and Dave

"It’s the perfect opportunity to get to know everyone and have a bit of a laugh too, the Welcome Party is sure to be a sell-out so don't forget to get your tickets early.

Resident disk jockeys DJ Jim Beats and DJ Ferby will be there on the decks playing the best student anthems all night as well as loads of giveaways and the chance to win your accommodation for the year paid for in full in Deal or no Deal!! (Terms and conditions apply).

Start as you mean to go on and get yourself and your mates to Asylum to party the first night away!"

Sun 24-Sep-2006

Comedy night

"Mark Olver is a fast-witted, original act, equally adept at both longer sets and compering. He has been a regular compere at gigs all around the country, and performed extended sets in arts centres, universities and clubs.
He is already an experienced television warm-up, working for Endemol West on Channel 4's Kings of Comedy and has performed at the Edinburgh Festival, compering every night for the sell-out The Big Value Comedy Show.
As well as working in conventional comedy environments, Mark is also in demand for his hosting and MC'ing work for public sector and voluntary sector organisations."

Mon 25-Sep-2006

The Paul Daniels Magic show

"“Paul Daniels is without doubt one of the most accomplished magicians in the World, and certainly one of the most exciting. Add to that a unique comedy style and you have a complete entertainer and one of the funniest men in show business." http://www.pauldaniels.co.uk

You’ve seen him on the telly, now come and watch in person as Celebrity Magician Paul Daniels (the legend!) performs his Magic Show at the Asylum nightclub. "

Wed 27-Sep-2006

The Tower - Big Brother!

"The Official Athletic Union night

Now open until 2:30am.
Every Wednesday
Snakey B £1.20 a pint.
Freebies

Easily the best night of the student week. See you there!!"

feel free to post your comments, and also additional information
Reply 1
Thu 28-Sep-2006

Judge Jules

'Ibiza Party with Guest DJ Judge Jules' :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
wait, do us freshers have to buy tickets too? what if they;re sold out :s-smilie:

kinda wierd if 2nd and 3rd year students buy all the tickets and there are freshies who cant get em lol!
sounds a bit rubbish to me, only hull could do a Paul Daniels magic show. Seriously?
cara_gleeson
sounds a bit rubbish to me, only hull could do a Paul Daniels magic show. Seriously?

my first choice universtiy was sheffield and there freshers week sounded amasing, this however, sounds like a bit of a make-do. All i will say though, is i am sure the week will be great anyway, you are going to be meeting so many different people etc.
the HYMS freshers week at hull (i saw the schedule) sounds like a blast, do our individual departments have activities too?
Reply 6
I think all the diff departments have differetn activities aswell, but the ones hurricane has mentioned are like the proper ones that everyone can go to.. however dont quote me on it, as i dont know...lol
I wonder how much of a 'blast' the law dept's activities will be...hmmm
prometheus_bob
I wonder how much of a 'blast' the law dept's activities will be...hmmm

all taken care of my friend :wink:
:smile: looking forward to it then...
hell yeah, although i did'nt really want to go to hull....i have now come to terms with it ! lol
its the opposite for me, after going to hull for my HYMS interview i fell in love with the place lol!!!

decided to turn down offers from queen mary and come to hull to do business in the end haha
Reply 12
IM DOING BUSINESS!!!

See you ther!!! hehe..
have you decide which your doing yet, economics for accounting & economic programmes OR business environments for all other programs...

i never realised i had to choose.. garr.lol
Reply 13
Doin politics and history, cant wait! gonna be mental on freshers week!
Hurricane_Herd
hell yeah, although i did'nt really want to go to hull....i have now come to terms with it ! lol

hahaha...no worries there! I guess it is what u decide to do with your time at Hull that really makes a difference now...work hard and play hard, I always say, and nothing SHOULD go wrong...hahaha
Has anyone else still not got there freshers pack? cause im starting to get a tad worried
ought to be anytime now before u get it...I'm still waiting for mine, though
I like magic shows! *big grin*

Can't wait to meet people - but I'm soooo nervous!

Latest