The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do private hospitals pay pharmacists more? My sister saw a job listing for a pharmacist at a private hospital and they were offering 35k.
Reply 21
Jimmocrates
Try doing the 4 years, 8 semesters of exams and course-work first... most of my year were just so sick of relentless exams that people wanted to get out into practice and use what they'd learnt in a practical setting.

True say. I will be going into my fourth year this September and I am absolutely sick and tired of the vicious lectures-lectures-lectures-exams-exams-exams circle. Put yourself through four years of that and see if you still want to go ahead with your PHD plans!!! I guess only a few peepz would be brave enough and have enough brain reserve left to do that!!
Reply 22
how much how much? if its a better job..
Reply 23
yeah i was also thinking about studying a phd after 4 years of a masters for the reason that i really want to move abroad... :frown: but i know that in the US the minimum requirement for a pharmacist to practice is for them to have a doctorate in the subject and that goes for anywhere apparently.. but i dunno i just might stay here, see how things go first, anyone else thinking about emmigrating....? pharmacists in the US are minted.... i asked one of them what he got paid for a year and compaired to them we are poorly paid but then again they dont have an NHS and more people who cant afford to see a doctor go and see their pharmacist instead
yeah im more intersted in the hospital pharmacy as well partly because not everyday will be the same and also because its more likely to be busy than a community pharmacy.. plus if u ever get to the level of a pharmacy consultant/ team leader u can ear around £85000 i think it was... something like that.
im also intregued by the academic side of the career i.e. spend a proportion of ure time working in a hospital and the rest working at a university either reaserching or lecturing...
Reply 24
85000? im not sure that its that high?!
Reply 25
no i just went nd checked its max of £73,500 around their and thats for a pharmacy team manager. but u do get paid a lot more abraod in places like the US especially if ure working in commercial pharmacy because they have no national service, and ppl can afford to pay medical bills so they go to the pharmacuist with all their problems.
although since the role of the pharmacsit is expanding i think we deserve more pay

Latest

Trending

Trending