The Student Room Group

Which uni is better for pharmacy

Hi guys. I’ve just got 2 offers to study MPHARM at Cardiff and UEA. Both are very good schools and Ik students are relatively satisfied with both, but would you guys make any recommendations for any?
I can’t seem to decide which I want as my firm choice haha
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
There is no “best” University as far as Pharmacy is concerned as has been answered many times before. Which Uni you obtain your Pharmacy degree from is irrelevant as far as your career is concerned.

You need to visit the Unis you have shortlisted and see what else they have to offer and where you feel most comfortable. Very importantly you need to assess the financial costs associated. Student accommodation rents have risen considerably over the last 2 or 3 years to the extent that many students will struggle at certain Unis unless they have parental or other financial assistance.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Good advice above.
Think about the reality of living in each place, and which would suit you best.
Remember that you have months before you have to make this choice, so lots of time to think about it all carefully.
Reply 3
Original post by Manos00
Hi guys. I’ve just got 2 offers to study MPHARM at Cardiff and UEA. Both are very good schools and Ik students are relatively satisfied with both, but would you guys make any recommendations for any?

Hi Manos00 , do you mind if I ask how long it took for UEA to offer after your interview? Thanks!
Original post by Manos00

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offers - this is fantastic!

Choosing the right university is indeed a significant decision, and I completely understand the challenges involved. I faced a similar situation when deciding on my PhD program. While I'm not in the pharmacy myself, as a PhD student in Biology, I did have some demonstrating sessions for some modules, which were really fun! But generally, before joining UEA for my PhD I considered some of the following factors:

Department reputation: Consider the reputation of the department and the amount of research conducted. A strong academic standing not only improves the quality of education but also sends a positive signal to future employers. From my experience of demonstrating in a wide range of course, most of the UEA lecturers are fellows of the Higher Education Academy, which means that they have an extra pedagogical qualification on the top of their PhD, making the teaching exceptionally good.

Career support services: Look into the career support services offered by each university. UEA, for example, is known for its excellent CareerCentral support, providing various resources and incentives to build your CV and cover letter. For example they have an award based scheme that helps you build your CV and prepares you for interviews. Their connections with alumni can also open doors to valuable opportunities.

Location and atmosphere: The city itself plays a crucial role in your overall experience. Norwich, where UEA is located, is renowned for its beauty and vibrant atmosphere, it's the city of literature. It offers a pleasant environment for studying, with numerous charming coffee shops and easy access to the seaside.

While the decision you're about to make may seem daunting, always remember that you have the power to create the opportunities at whatever university you choose to study. Having studied at three different universities Middlesex University London (BSc), UCL (MSc), and currently UEA (PhD) I've found that each university provided unique opportunities that contributed to my personal and professional development.

I wish you all the best in making your decision. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss any of this further.

Best,
Daniel
Reply 5
Original post by Anzy024
Hi Manos00 , do you mind if I ask how long it took for UEA to offer after your interview? Thanks!

Omg I just saw this. It took them about 2 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending