The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
awesome! nice one man, this gives me a much better feel for it than a diagrammatic map etc.

cheers for that :biggrin:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Cool, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 3
No problem. I wanted to do it anyway as its much better than the maps on the reading website and it gives a real sense of distances between places.

Forgot to mention that the above image is only the Whiteknights campus. If anyone wants bulmershe or london road done the same as above then put a request on here and i will do them.
Reply 4
hello, thats really helpful thank u. :smile: Is it possible for you to do the same for bulmershe ?... I have accomodation there and didnt realise when sorting it all out how far it was from main campus, and am now worried about the distance .:confused: . I'm going to be studying pharmacy.. has anyone got any thoughts? thanks
Reply 5
brilliant :smile: thanks very much !
Reply 6
alp12
hello, thats really helpful thank u. :smile: Is it possible for you to do the same for bulmershe ?... I have accomodation there and didnt realise when sorting it all out how far it was from main campus, and am now worried about the distance .:confused: . I'm going to be studying pharmacy.. has anyone got any thoughts? thanks

Ok as requested by alp12 attached is the map for Bulmershe. I wouldnt worry too much about the distance as it doesnt look that far on the map - maybe about 1.5km but i was told when i went for an open day that there are regular busses which go between whiteknights and bulmershe and take about 10 - 20 minutes i think. I will upload a map which shows the positions of the 3 campus's (sp?)
Reply 7
And here is a map which shows the positions of the 3 campus's (sp?)
Reply 8
When you get bored you do it with style!

Very helpful, thanks for the uploads.
woah! that is mahusive!!
Reply 10
That's well helpful actually. Cheers.
Reply 11
One more map which shows the university campus in relations to the oracle and the train station
Reply 12
Lol, the bars and clubs are all down in the town centre, not far from the station. And that walk is hell when returning at night after heavy drinking. To the edge of campus is a good half an hour walk, and up-hill, and thats if youre relatively sober enough to walk at a normal pace. Beware of Redlands Road, it has claimed many victims.

And without trying to cause controversy Wells Hall has been labelled incorrectly, its the weird shaped buildings located about an inch to the left of where the label is (basically just to the right of the road which seems to come to an end.
Reply 13
Ok thanks for pointing that out. I have updated the first map so it is now, hopefully, correct. If anyone notices any other errors then please let me know and i will correct them.
Reply 14
You have also labelled the St Pats new court as the Student Village. It is actually the building above the curved one left of where it is currently labelled.

:-)

Looks good though!
Reply 15
So where is this "oxford road" or whatever where people seem to think is the ninth level of hell?
Reply 16
Thats the far side of the Station (i think). Its well out of the way for uni students so you shouldnt come across it unless youre really looking for trouble. :biggrin:
Reply 17
dasnowball
You have also labelled the St Pats new court as the Student Village. It is actually the building above the curved one left of where it is currently labelled.

:-)

Looks good though!

Right i have now updated it so hopefully it is now correct. Thanks - gotta love google earth :biggrin:
Reply 18
heheb thanks!! can i just be very very pandantic and point out u missed out the art block on the whiteknight map :P:P tut tut anagin us arty folks r
4gottern about!!
Reply 19
Ok i have found the art block and have added it to the map. I missed it the first time as i was looking for art and not fine art :smile:

I apologize to the entire art world for this oversight and hope that all will be forgiven :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending