The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level English Literature B NEA

I'm really confused about what I'm supposed to do with my NEA. I know we're supposed to pick a novel and a poem so I picked 'A Woman in Black' and 'Ariel' but i'm not sure what I'm supposed to do next. Can someone please explain to me in detail how I'm supposed to do this?
I also do AQA A level English Literature B. Out of the collection of poets I picked Maya Angelou and doing feminist lens theory. For the novel NEA my book is Jane Eyre. Ask your teacher for help. He/she is supposed to guide and talk through what you ought to do.

E.g. I’m applying a feminist lens theory to Maya Angelou’s 2-3 poems.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-b-7716-7717/subject-content-a-level/theory-and-independence
Reply 2
Hi! I also do English Literature B.

We have to do one NEA as a critical reading of a text of our choice, from a feminist, marxist, postcolonial, etc..perspective
The second NEA is on (for us) Larkin or Hughes, looking at ecocriticism or the Literary Canon

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Freda123
I also do AQA A level English Literature B. Out of the collection of poets I picked Maya Angelou and doing feminist lens theory. For the novel NEA my book is Jane Eyre. Ask your teacher for help. He/she is supposed to guide and talk through what you ought to do.

E.g. I’m applying a feminist lens theory to Maya Angelou’s 2-3 poems.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-b-7716-7717/subject-content-a-level/theory-and-independence

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same for my NEA this year and I was wondering how difficult you found it? (poetry isn't really my strength) I'm struggling on how to construct my question in a way I can talk about a broad range of ideas. Any help, tips or advice would be really appreciated thank you!:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Random162
Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same for my NEA this year and I was wondering how difficult you found it? (poetry isn't really my strength) I'm struggling on how to construct my question in a way I can talk about a broad range of ideas. Any help, tips or advice would be really appreciated thank you!:smile:

I would say look at a range of scholar articles just try to construct a concise and analytical piece with your views clearly expressed

Quick Reply

Latest