The Student Room Group

4 year or 5 year Graduate entry programme?

Hey guys. I am just enquiring about Graduate entry programmes for Medicine. What is the difference between the 4 year GEM and the 5 year GEM?

Also I understand that some universities require different admission tests such as the UKCAT or the GAMSAT. When I come to apply, should I sit both tests and then apply accordingly, with maybe some UKCAT universities and some GAMSAT universities or do people normally just do one admission test.

Are there any universities that don't require an admissions test? Any links to guide me would be widely appreciated.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by californicationn
Hey guys. I am just enquiring about Graduate entry programmes for Medicine. What is the difference between the 4 year GEM and the 5 year GEM?

Isn't it just Imperial that has changed its 4-year GEM to 5-year? As far as I am aware, this odd 5-year 'GEM' course is not eligible for GEM funding.

Also I understand that some universities require different admission tests such as the UKCAT or the GAMSAT. When I come to apply, should I sit both tests and then apply accordingly, with maybe some UKCAT universities and some GAMSAT universities or do people normally just do one admission test.

If you have a degree that allows you to apply to a lot of different places that only require UKCAT or don't require any test, feel free to do just that. Take it early to see what you get. If your score is ****, apply somewhere that requires nothing, or a different test.

Are there any universities that don't require an admissions test? Any links to guide me would be widely appreciated.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Probably. Look them up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ronove
Isn't it just Imperial that has changed its 4-year GEM to 5-year? As far as I am aware, this odd 5-year 'GEM' course is not eligible for GEM funding.

If you have a degree that allows you to apply to a lot of different places that only require UKCAT or don't require any test, feel free to do just that. Take it early to see what you get. If your score is ****, apply somewhere that requires nothing, or a different test.

Probably. Look them up.

I've just read up and I think when I saw someone referring to the 5 year GEM that they meant the undergraduate course :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending