The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It is a bit weird how the league starts well before the window closes. We really need all our players here and in training already. The WC has made it trickier but even so. This delay is killing us.
Original post by Old_Simon
The LVG interview is kosher. It is in the MoS sport section.

Link?
Reply 382
Original post by SK7866
But vermalen had a preference of Man utd

He had. But Wenger must say, either Barcelona or the bench. So, off he went to Barcelona.
Original post by SK7866

what makes you say that?
I don't think he did, not a strong one anyway. As RVP showed, if he'd been passionate he'd have moved here against Wengers wishes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown
Link?

The newspaper I meant.
Original post by Fizzel
I don't think he did, not a strong one anyway. As RVP showed, if he'd been passionate he'd have moved here against Wengers wishes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We didn't agree a deal that's why he didn't come. His preference was us, that way he remains in England and gets regular first team football

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SK7866

How do you know? Are you his Agent?
Reply 388
Original post by ElChapo
We didn't agree a deal that's why he didn't come. His preference was us, that way he remains in England and gets regular first team football

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. And theres no Sir Alex to convince Wenger anymore.
Reply 389
Lol. Sky sources said he had indicated that he preferred a move to UTD, and they're usually pretty reliable AFAIK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Goal.com are about as reliable as a handwritten note on toilet roll.

I'm glad that media outlets are openly critisising our transfer business though, hopefully it's the kick up the arse that is needed. Woodward is going to look really silly if there's no more transfers and we're stuck with the dross. Fellaini, Anderson, Nani and Zaha aren't even being linked with moves away, which is a tad worrying.

It's been reported by Sky Sports as well. Seems like he did say all those things. Must be getting fed up with nothing happening with regards to the transfers.
does it matter now? hes gone to barca we need a new cb and we need 1 cm and a better winger since nani's going imo.
Original post by scrawlx101
does it matter now? hes gone to barca we need a new cb and we need 1 cm and a better winger since nani's going imo.

Nani isn't going, neither are Anderson, Cleverley or Valencia. They're all too **** and on insane wages.
If Arsenal get Hummels:angry:
cleverley and valencia can stay the other two can go....nani will probably go hes worth like 8m-10m now,anderson will be a bit tricker...we should just sell him for 2million...
Original post by scrawlx101
cleverley and valencia can stay the other two can go....nani will probably go hes worth like 8m-10m now,anderson will be a bit tricker...we should just sell him for 2million...

They can ​go but who would buy them?
nani to milan/juve/inter and anderson to somewhere like leciester/newcastle/swansea or we should just release anderson
Arsenal to win the league obviously now...

Meanwhile, we will sign someone, if they'll be a Vidal type signing is another question.
It's baffling how Moyes gave Nani a new 5 year contract. God only knows what his wages are.
Original post by sr90
It's baffling how Moyes gave Nani a new 5 year contract. God only knows what his wages are.

£90k I think and apparently he wanted a raise :biggrin:

Latest