The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You guys spent £150m but have you strengthened the squad to the tune of £150m, chel$ki spent half that and made significant improvements
Original post by Orange s0da
You guys spent £150m but have you strengthened the squad to the tune of £150m, chel$ki spent half that and made significant improvements

Chelsea came 3rd last year and we came 7th.

It makes sense that Chelsea could make 'significant improvements' without spending close to £150mill.

I'd say it depends on how the players gel. Only one of the new signings has kicked a competitive ball for us.
Original post by JammyGit07
Spends 150 million....Fails to buy a centre back.

Indeed! They needed at least 3 new center backs; the one they did get still needs a work permit, and plays left-back for his country. Johnny Evans and Phil Jones will get sliced open. They still lack another box-to-box midfielder, defensive midfield reinforcements. That list of attacking talent looks impressive, but they can't all be on the pitch at the same time.
Lol, you guys with your 4-2-3-1's. We're going to be playing 3-5-2. Gotta accept it. Hopefully it'll work eventually.

Original post by liarpoker
http://t.co/GrBwE1ybJL Watching with sad music

:frown:

Original post by liarpoker
Rooney is pretty much the closet to United through and through left lol.

He isn't. Fletcher and Evans are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jammy4041
Indeed! They needed at least 3 new center backs; the one they did get still needs a work permit, and plays left-back for his country. Johnny Evans and Phil Jones will get sliced open. They still lack another box-to-box midfielder, defensive midfield reinforcements. That list of attacking talent looks impressive, but they can't all be on the pitch at the same time.

Johnny Evans is an absolute clown. Yeah Man Utd don't have a very good balance ATM
Reply 7985
Original post by NathanW18
Lol, you guys with your 4-2-3-1's. We're going to be playing 3-5-2.

Why do you think so?
Original post by samba
Why do you think so?

Falcao arriving and selling Welbeck. Him and Rooney will be our forwards. Di Maria, Herrera and Blind will play in midfield. We also let Welbeck go, who can play as a wing forward. Based on our ins and outs, I don't see how else we're going to play.

That's assuming Van Persie is going to be out for a while. If not, I don't know what will happen. I'm kind of surprised that Keane went out, though. I don't think he's anywhere near good enough atm, but if we're playing 3 CB's, we need bodies.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blobar
Johnny Evans is an absolute clown. Yeah Man Utd don't have a very good balance ATM

Perfect balance....:tongue:

The thing I find funny, though, is that how we now have people saying that we're just buying superstars and they're not going to work as a team. For the past year, we've been told that our squad is terrible and now we buy top quality, that is also a bad thing. Yeah, they will take time to settle and work as a team, but regardless of who we bought, it would have been the same. If we didn't improve the squad, people would still be saying we have a terrible squad. Regardless of what we did, it would have been criticised.

The biggest criticism last year was our midfield. Van Gaal has bought a brand new one. Still not good enough, apparently? Defence is a bit conerning and I'm surprised we didn't bring in more than Rojo. Hopefully he's good. We'll probably look at bringing in another two players in January. If anybody decent is available.

I'm pretty damn happy with everything that has happened this summer. Apart from Welbeck leaving, but it was what he wanted. Fair play to Woodward.
Original post by Strange Fruittt
You said 'get bent' mate, the quote doesn't lie. Sr90 will put you in your place, ie the banned list.

If that phrase is homophobic then there would be a lot of controversy surrounding The Simpsons, namely Bart Simpson.
I think it's just you trying to cause an uproar over nothing.
Yeah we all happy now.

But what happens when we play our next game with Ashley Young in a 3-5-2?
Maybe ADM could teach Valencia how to put the ball in ?
Original post by zKlown
Yeah we all happy now.

But what happens when we play our next game with Ashley Young in a 3-5-2?

What happens is that you'll get a point.
Original post by samba
Pretty close to what it could be. Falcao prefers playing alone though, and rooney could get in the way of both him and Mata.

Falcao played with Costa next to him, If Rooney does all the donkey work then Falcao would love it which Rooney certainly can do. Funnily enough Falcao would have loved a 4-4-2 with Welbeck.
Surely we are going to switch to 4-3-3 with Will Keane leaving. Considering our CB'S get injured all the time.
Original post by Manchester United
The only problem with 4-2-3-1 is the problem the England national team faced in the World Cup. Do we stick Rooney as LAM or CAM?

you know where to put mr 300k, on those soft red leather seats behind the manager.
Original post by NathanW18

I'm pretty damn happy with everything that has happened this summer. Apart from Welbeck leaving, but it was what he wanted. Fair play to Woodward.

What is the cult surrounding this guy with Utd fans?

Falcao was touted around Europe, all he did was say ''OK'' at paying £350k a week to the guy. Di Maria you overpaid for a player Real forced out the door. What did Woodward do, fax through the paperwork? Blind, Rojo, Shaw all standard transfers for a club of Utd's size.

The guy has done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary from the surface, at least wrt transfers. He's probably added value with your commercial deals behind the scenes.
Original post by Zürich
What is the cult surrounding this guy with Utd fans?

Falcao was touted around Europe, all he did was say ''OK'' at paying £350k a week to the guy. Di Maria you overpaid for a player Real forced out the door. What did Woodward do, fax through the paperwork? Blind, Rojo, Shaw all standard transfers for a club of Utd's size.

The guy has done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary from the surface, at least wrt transfers. He's probably added value with your commercial deals behind the scenes.

It's because United have been clearly lacking in buying key players for the side and tbh Glazers only sanctioned these transfers as United were falling into the wilderness. Second United win the league again the Glazers will not spend a penny.

I don't think what he did was great either tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
With any luck Rooney will get a knock with England then we can play our first team lol.
Original post by Lúcio
what a hilarious post.

that like me saying we'll win the league if we have a perfect defence and we score at least 2 goals in every match.

I think you're hilarious. Have you thought of stand up comedy?

Latest