The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

200k a week. 200k a week. 200k a week. For Di Maria...

For Di Maria.

For Di Maria.

United are desperate when Madrid who are known for giving their attacking players top dollar(or should I say euros) pay him under 100k a week...

I don't know why Real aren't trying to sell for cheap, they'll probably end up with that amazing bench.
Original post by jam278
200k a week. 200k a week. 200k a week. For Di Maria...

For Di Maria.

For Di Maria.

United are desperate when Madrid who are known for giving their attacking players top dollar(or should I say euros) pay him under 100k a week...

I don't know why Real aren't trying to sell for cheap, they'll probably end up with that amazing bench.

I thought the same thing

50m and 200k a week for di maria is hilarious the fee everyone was talking about last year was 25-30m when it was either him or ozil leaving.

I'm 100% sure he'd never replicate last seasons form at madrid for man utd

Someone of his ability should go for around 32m in this market and 120k a week MAX

The guardian were reporting utd offered kroos 260k a week though so this doesn't surprise me at all
If this 100m deal happens....:angry:
Original post by baconbutty
I thought the same thing

50m and 200k a week for di maria is hilarious the fee everyone was talking about last year was 25-30m when it was either him or ozil leaving.

Someone of his ability should go for around 32m in this market and 120k a week MAX

The guardian were reporting utd offered kroos 260k a week though so this doesn't surprise me at all

I genuinely think nobody wants to go to Manchester United at this moment and if they do it'll be overpriced.

They are not getting top 4 with the squad in its current state. If LVG plays 3-5-2 with the personnel he has(RVP solves nothing as they still have no pace) then they will probably come 5th. Although 5th to a title challenge isn't too far away. But United need squad depth.

I hope they don't go for any centre backs.

Federico Fernandez has gone for a Swansea medical too. Genuinely don't understand why they haven't gone for a CB.
(edited 9 years ago)
I thought the same thing

Di Maria went to Real Madrid from Benfica for £25-£30m in total, 4 years ago, and after last season, probably in the top 10 best performers in Europe, £32 seems too cheap. You also have to factor in that he has 4 years left on his contract and Ancelotti doesn't want him to go.

£40-£45m for Di Maria seems fair, but if United end up paying over the odds for him and all other players it's no surprise. After all, Woodward did say they can spend £70m on a player, and have no fixed budget, the buffoon.
Original post by h3isenberg
Di Maria went to Real Madrid from Benfica for £25-£30m in total, 4 years ago, and after last season, probably in the top 10 best performers in Europe, £32 seems too cheap. You also have to factor in that he has 4 years left on his contract and Ancelotti doesn't want him to go.

£40-£45m for Di Maria seems fair, but if United end up paying over the odds for him and all other players it's no surprise. After all, Woodward did say they can spend £70m on a player, and have no fixed budget, the buffoon.

Is it fair to say the quality of football was dire last? But I will admit he had a good 2nd half to the season playing in midfield.

Ancelotti wanting him to go or not doesn't matter real madrids president is an egocentric narcissist and from the looks of things he's up for sale.

I wouldn't go near 40-45 for him the same way that's a ridiculous price for vidal. He'd play on the wing at utd where he's hot and cold. Madrid will be doing extremely well to get 50m for him. Apparently psg have even pulled out of negotiations for him due to the price tag and they forked out 50m for david luiz
Is it fair to say the quality of football was dire last? But I will admit he had a good 2nd half to the season playing in midfield.

Ancelotti wanting him to go or not doesn't matter real madrids president is an egocentric narcissist and from the looks of things he's up for sale.

I wouldn't go near 40-45 for him the same way that's a ridiculous price for vidal. He'd play on the wing at utd where he's hot and cold. Madrid will be doing extremely well to get 50m for him. Apparently psg have even pulled out of negotiations for him due to the price tag and they forked out 50m for david luiz

That's true about Perez :biggrin: I saw somewhere that he secretly preferred to sign physically good looking players which is weird but probably not that farfetched...

Splashing that much on Di Maria might not be justified in terms of footballing quality but Man Utd need to show ambition. Even if he might flop it will show that United are looking to rebuild and compete at the top because at the moment they would do well to finish 5th. Prising one of Real Madrid's best players, even if it doesn't solve United's glaring issues will at least stem the unrest.

If United bought Schneiderlin, Rojo and Blind then sure that would improve the squad to a good degree but there's hardly any ambition.
That's true about Perez :biggrin: I saw somewhere that he secretly preferred to sign physically good looking players which is weird but probably not that farfetched...

Splashing that much on Di Maria might not be justified in terms of footballing quality but Man Utd need to show ambition. Even if he might flop it will show that United are looking to rebuild and compete at the top because at the moment they would do well to finish 5th. Prising one of Real Madrid's best players, even if it doesn't solve United's glaring issues will at least stem the unrest.

If United bought Schneiderlin, Rojo and Blind then sure that would improve the squad to a good degree but there's hardly any ambition.

Ud like to think eddy and van gaal have the bollox to do what's best for the team and not just sign a big name to settle the fans
Ud like to think eddy and van gaal have the bollox to do what's best for the team and not just sign a big name to settle the fans

:lol: The last time Woodie tried to settle the fans he ended up making a tit of himself and saying we can spend anything and suggest we had deals close to completion. That was a month ago.
:lol: The last time Woodie tried to settle the fans he ended up making a tit of himself and saying we can spend anything and suggest we had deals close to completion. That was a month ago.

Exactly.

Honestly buying Shaw(who Chelsea just pulled out a deal for as there was no value) and Herrera(who nobody wanted, Chelsea bought Fabregas, Barca bought Rakitic, Real bought Kroos) and then saying watch this space is a joke. Had a feeling this would happen. Reckon one big guy could come in though but that's the most.

You'd think LVG would identify the right targets and get the players.

When ever transfers are brought up with people from United they talk about them as if it is still the start of the summer window and we have time. Talk of looking to continue to work on some players they have identified, things are in the works, we know we need players but we have money to spend and we're working on it.

None of that is good enough 3 days after the first game of the season. LVG knew he would be at the world cup when he accepted the job. He should have spent some of this time at least during the world cup either considering players himself or asking others to scout on his behalf and report back. It seems he didn't do this, he just gave the green light for Herrera and Shaw and not much more. What ever may have been going on "behind the scenes" is irrelevant if they haven't done what it takes to get the right players in.

Im not at all trying to suggest I'm unhappy with LVG as a manager. I wouldn't even say I think Ed Woodward should go yet but if we don't do something usefull this window then I think at the end of the season he should be replaced, regardless of what he may pull off in January.

Reply 1791
Ronaldo apparently in Manchester for lunch. No idea if it has anything to do with football.
Original post by samba
Ronaldo apparently in Manchester for lunch. No idea if it has anything to do with football.

Not even the remotest chance it's for transfer business.

Read a Moyes interview in which he confirms they were after Fabregas, Ronaldo and Bale in the same window last year. That, for me, just confirms how stupid he was in his first moments at a UTD manager (arguably all his time as utd manager). That kind of window isn't even doable on FIFA or FM. Bale very obviously wanted to go to madrid and madrid very obviously wanted him. Ronaldo signed a new contract and Fabregas said to the press he didn't want to join utd. Yet they chased them all, then supposedly went for De Rossi, who was the perfect player, but spent his entire career at Roma and was like their Giggs or Scholes, no chance he was leaving.
Original post by Amphiprion
When ever transfers are brought up with people from United they talk about them as if it is still the start of the summer window and we have time. Talk of looking to continue to work on some players they have identified, things are in the works, we know we need players but we have money to spend and we're working on it.

None of that is good enough 3 days after the first game of the season. LVG knew he would be at the world cup when he accepted the job. He should have spent some of this time at least during the world cup either considering players himself or asking others to scout on his behalf and report back. It seems he didn't do this, he just gave the green light for Herrera and Shaw and not much more. What ever may have been going on "behind the scenes" is irrelevant if they haven't done what it takes to get the right players in.

Im not at all trying to suggest I'm unhappy with LVG as a manager. I wouldn't even say I think Ed Woodward should go yet but if we don't do something usefull this window then I think at the end of the season he should be replaced, regardless of what he may pull off in January.

Just look at Ed. He looks like a 40 year old single parent with a season ticket and a mortgage, and he's responsible for the short and potentially long term future of the club.

Van Gaal probably reluctantly approved of Herrera and Shaw. I imagine they were 90% done by the time Moyes was sacked and both players were already so set on joining that Van Gaal didn't really have much of a choice.

Sporting received a bid from United on the 2nd of August, so if it is a case of Van Gaal handing targets to Woodward to go after, then the responsibility lies with Ed. Van Gaal said a transfer can be done in 24 hours and I wonder if that's a slight dig at Woodward because it's obvious that's too much to ask of him. He had months to work on Herrera and Shaw and we still paid over the odds.
Original post by Amphiprion
Not even the remotest chance it's for transfer business.

Read a Moyes interview in which he confirms they were after Fabregas, Ronaldo and Bale in the same window last year. That, for me, just confirms how stupid he was in his first moments at a UTD manager (arguably all his time as utd manager). That kind of window isn't even doable on FIFA or FM. Bale very obviously wanted to go to madrid and madrid very obviously wanted him. Ronaldo signed a new contract and Fabregas said to the press he didn't want to join utd. Yet they chased them all, then supposedly went for De Rossi, who was the perfect player, but spent his entire career at Roma and was like their Giggs or Scholes, no chance he was leaving.

And if he hadn't chased them, it would have been;
'We're Manchester United. We can sign whoever we want. Moyes has absolutely no ambition.'

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.
Original post by qua
Yeah, they're both unselfish, like to support others, have a good workrate (Dobby never gives up) and are proud enough to not accept bad treatment (AdM wanting out of Real & his Spurs comments).

well played. well played.:congrats:
What's going on here.
Original post by Manchester United
**** sake, we're back to Harry Potter again.

Lets go back to United.

You are currently 16th in the table. Probably will go up to the mighty heights of 15th today. Your squad in its current state is nowhere near good enough to make top 4 and the LVG cock arousal has already stopped after the first day. You can't work with **** and LVG nearly got barca in a relegation battle last time he managed Barcelona...

Lets keep on talking about United. I'm with you on this score
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Loving the Harry Potter stuff :biggrin: stops me from thinking about the 2-1 loss and our lack of signings -_-

Na think we should focus on Manchester United. This is the Manchester United thread.

Waiting for Vidal and Di Maria guys. Watch this space.

Take it this way, Juve do not have a replacement lined up for him so he's not going. Di Maria is possible but Real obviously want more money so they can buy someone like Falcao...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278

:lol:

Bossing it mayn.

Don't know what you mean jam :angel:

Latest