The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medicine Applicants 2015 entry A100

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littlebopeep123
well so far its my only offer but i think i might because the course looks pretty decent and the year isnt massive. what about you?

do you mind sharing your stats? specifically ukcat?
Reply 81
Original post by littlebopeep123
well so far its my only offer but i think i might because the course looks pretty decent and the year isnt massive. what about you?

Presuming I don't get into Oxford (I almost definitely won't.. :smile: ) it's my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
To anyone that's had an interview
How much information do you get beforehand about the format of the interview?
Is it just the information on their website e.g. 4 stations, at least one role play etc.
Or do they tell you specifics, like the scenario of the role play, and give you time to prepare?
Thanks! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know if there are any more interviews to come?
Reply 84
Original post by User:26758
Interview for the 23rd at 4:25pm! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ME TOOO!! :smile:)) any idea what to expect?? It's my first interview I'm extremely nervous!
anyone that has had an interview already - how was it? what kind of things were you asked?
I have mine next wednesday and I'm worried about the lack of information we have been given!
Reply 86
Original post by cararourke
anyone that has had an interview already - how was it? what kind of things were you asked?
I have mine next wednesday and I'm worried about the lack of information we have been given!

I wouldn't worry at all. You can't really prepare. I don't know if you've done any other MMIs but I found St Andrews a much more relaxed experience than Dundee which seemed really rushed. There's only four stations, there's a 30 second break in between and they're all in their own little rooms. Honestly they'll ask you what you'd expect to be asked. There is role play and a little ethics in the form of 'how would you act in this situation' as well. Just stay calm as of the three interview experiences I've had so far I would go as far as to say this one was even enjoyable :smile: and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scotilla
I wouldn't worry at all. You can't really prepare. I don't know if you've done any other MMIs but I found St Andrews a much more relaxed experience than Dundee which seemed really rushed. There's only four stations, there's a 30 second break in between and they're all in their own little rooms. Honestly they'll ask you what you'd expect to be asked. There is role play and a little ethics in the form of 'how would you act in this situation' as well. Just stay calm as of the three interview experiences I've had so far I would go as far as to say this one was even enjoyable :smile: and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did you have at each station and were there any follow up questions?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by starsdelight
How long did you have at each station and were there any follow up questions?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to say about ten minutes but I can't actually remember... Sorry I'm not sure entirely what you mean by follow up questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Scotilla
I want to say about ten minutes but I can't actually remember... Sorry I'm not sure entirely what you mean by follow up questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! Good to hear your interview went well. By follow up I think they mean we're you interviewed with many questions at each station. Or we're you given one question and asked to answer for the 7-10minuted you were there (without the interviewer asking you any more questions than that single one)!

I have mines on the 23rd of January! Very nervous!
Original post by lady_n1
Congratulations! Good to hear your interview went well. By follow up I think they mean we're you interviewed with many questions at each station. Or we're you given one question and asked to answer for the 7-10minuted you were there (without the interviewer asking you any more questions than that single one)!

I have mine on the 23rd too! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by lady_n1

Ah okay, it was more of a discussion. And thanks very much. Try not worry too much, arrive in plenty time and go for a coffee or something. You'll do great I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by User:26758
I have mine on the 23rd too! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines at 4.25 (one of the last ones for the day)! You?
I am an international student and I just recieved an interview on 17th feb
Hey does anyone know how many more interview days are going to be held? I haven't heard anything back from them yet and I'm getting kind of nervous...
Reply 95
Original post by probablegapyear
I am an international student and I just recieved an interview on 17th feb

Hey there, congrats on the interview invite! If you don't mind me asking, did they send the invite via email or was it on track?
Original post by Nishchay
Hey there, congrats on the interview invite! If you don't mind me asking, did they send the invite via email or was it on track?
you won't recieve any interviews via the track its all through email
Reply 97
Original post by probablegapyear
you won't recieve any interviews via the track its all through email

Okay thank you and good luck!
Reply 98
Do you think any more invites will be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, all. I have an interview soon... I feel a little bit stress now, mainly not sure about the MMI here, as STA is my first MMI.

For those of you who attended interview, could you please tell me what would happen on the int. day and what area will the interview cover.

Thanks!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending