The Student Room Group

RAF Medical Questions - Colour Blindness (Supplier Role)

deleted.
(edited 9 years ago)
None of this matters. The internet is not a medical authority. Regardless of any results any person gets, it is down to YOUR application with the RAF and THEIR view of THEIR tests.
What will you do if someone else gets a different result to you? Withdraw your application?
Stop fretting and get let the system work.
Reply 2
I'm in the same boat as you, I am joining as supplier and passed my interview last week and awaiting my medical date. I am colour blind and can't do any of the Ishihara plates. I told them at the aptitude and interview and they weren't concerned at all so I wouldn't worry
Reply 3
Hi Carl25, great to hear back from you mate! Sounds like we are on the same boat at the moment or flight.

Thats interesting I'm aware of some restrictions that can get set upon you like not been allowed to drive on airfields or refuel the aircraft.

Might see you at BRTC!
Also colourblind. CP3. **** isn't it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ProStacker
None of this matters. The internet is not a medical authority. Regardless of any results any person gets, it is down to YOUR application with the RAF and THEIR view of THEIR tests.
What will you do if someone else gets a different result to you? Withdraw your application?
Stop fretting and get let the system work.

other people may be curious and its only discussing part of the process with like minded people.
Reply 6
Original post by deepz24
Hi Carl25, great to hear back from you mate! Sounds like we are on the same boat at the moment or flight.

Thats interesting I'm aware of some restrictions that can get set upon you like not been allowed to drive on airfields or refuel the aircraft.

Might see you at BRTC!

Yeah we are at the same stage so could even be on the same course! When did you pass your interview I passed mine Wednesday so hoping to hear about my medical this week. Where you travelling down from? North east for me
Reply 7
Yeah we are at the same stage so could even be on the same course! When did you pass your interview I passed mine Wednesday so hoping to hear about my medical this week. Where you travelling down from? North east for me

You're not going to believe it, I'm travelling down from the North East to!

I had my interview last tuesday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Haha day before mine then, almost exact same situations! Have to keep in touch as sounds like we could be on the same PRTC or basic.
Reply 9
Sure thing, Just working towards my fitness more then anything at the moment managing a 1.5mile in almost 9 minutes. 37 situps in 1 min and can pump out 40+ pushups in a minute.

Really need to work on my endurance though as after 2 miles I'm swamped! Interesting my BMI considers my overweight, I'm 12 stone and 176cm Tall.

Just quite a broad person

Hows your fitness?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
That's good going that you will be fine. I was training for the great north run so have been doing 6-10 mile runs all year so really fit. Just working on press ups and sit ups and trying to put a few pounds on as my bmi around 18.5

How long did it take for you to hear about medical date and was it via e mail?
Original post by deepz24
other people may be curious and its only discussing part of the process with like minded people.

But it's a needless and pointless discussion.

No amount of talking can change the system. No amount of talking can produce the answers from people who don't know what they're talking about.

You're worrying and fretting about something that can't be changed and can't be commented on by anybody here.

Doing an online, American test has absolutely no relevancy to what the tests the RAF makes you sit will take. The results are not going to be indicative of anything.
Reply 12
deleted.

Quick Reply

Latest