The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Will I have a good chance of doing Law at KCL?

Hey all,

Just wondering what you thought of my chances of getting into KCL to do Law. I got 4A*s, 3As and a B (maths) in my gcses and I'm really worried that they aren't good enough? I'm aiming for A* A* A in my A Levels (History, Government and Politics, English Literature). If any of you have any idea what my chances are, I'd love to know! Don't want to kid myself..

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Do you really need people to tell you that those grades are good enough? Doesn't get much better than those. If your predictions match or exceed the entry requirements, then they're fine - and what it will boil down to is your AS grades (considering Law is a competitive course) and your personal statement - but mostly your personal statement. Your GCSEs don't really matter, and your A-Level choices seem suitable for the course. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by DominikS
Do you really need people to tell you that those grades are good enough? Doesn't get much better than those. If your predictions match or exceed the entry requirements, then they're fine - and what it will boil down to is your AS grades (considering Law is a competitive course) and your personal statement - but mostly your personal statement. Your GCSEs don't really matter, and your A-Level choices seem suitable for the course. :smile:

Thanks, I just know that so many applicants will have 9A*s and I'm worried I won't have a shot! Thanks for all of your advice, I hope you're right! Ahha :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JodieHarriett
Thanks, I just know that so many applicants will have 9A*s and I'm worried I won't have a shot! Thanks for all of your advice, I hope you're right! Ahha :smile:

People with a lot worse GCSEs than me have had 5 offers for a lot more competitive courses than mine. Just polish your personal statement and do well in your interview if you have one. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by DominikS
People with a lot worse GCSEs than me have had 5 offers for a lot more competitive courses than mine. Just polish your personal statement and do well in your interview if you have one. Good luck! :smile:

Yeah will do! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest