The Student Room Group

How to ask a celebrity to open a building

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place...

I wonder if anyone has experience of asking celebrities for a favour? There is a celeb that I want to ask to open a building which will be used for young people events, training etc. I knew him as the father of a friend who I went to school with but I have not had any contact for about 10 years. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could approach asking him to appear for free at the launch of this new building? Any help would be much appreciated.. I have been trying to put something together but I have scrambled my brain just thinking about it!

Reply 1
Your best bet is to contact the agency responsible for him and appeal to them.
Reply 2
yeah, I'd find out the address of their agent (do a google search) and then write to them. Most likely if you give sufficient details etc to make it sound meaningful then they'll pass it on to the celeb. Should you offer to pay a fee?
just mention publicity, tell them that you'll inform papers etc.
Reply 4
pattirudi23
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place...

I wonder if anyone has experience of asking celebrities for a favour? There is a celeb that I want to ask to open a building which will be used for young people events, training etc. I knew him as the father of a friend who I went to school with but I have not had any contact for about 10 years. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could approach asking him to appear for free at the launch of this new building? Any help would be much appreciated.. I have been trying to put something together but I have scrambled my brain just thinking about it!

Keith Chegwin will do anything for a bit of publicity.

If you know anyone with a life threatening illness/disease stick that in your letter as well. Going from the sad angle will work the best.

Latest

Trending

Trending