The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology interview peer review

(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have got one too, when is yours
hey, how did your nsaa go? i was rejected and i was wondering whether it is because of my nsaa score. btw which college did u appy to?
Original post by Tracy.Q
I got an overall 6 (chose biology for both sections) and applied to Peterhouse.

Thank you for the answer. I got like 4 overall so probably rejected because of nsaa. I had an interview for imperial so at least there are other options i guess
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thank you for the answer. I got like 4 overall so probably rejected because of nsaa. I had an interview for imperial so at least there are other options i guess

I got an overall 4 too I and got rejected. Congrats on the interview for imperial though, I’m still waiting to hear back from them😬
Original post by Anonymous #3
I got an overall 4 too I and got rejected. Congrats on the interview for imperial though, I’m still waiting to hear back from them😬

Thanks, which college did u apply to?
Thanks, which college did u apply to?

I applied to St Catharines
Original post by Tracy.Q
Hello people! I have just received an interview invite for Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, and am wondering if anyone would like to do mock interviews with me😊 If interested, please private message me and we can communicate further 🌹

I'm assuming you've already done your interview. How did it go?
you have great nsaa scores so it should be fine🙂 good luck!
Original post by Tracy.Q
I haven’t, it’s on next Tuesday. Completely have no idea about what to expect and am currently stressing out 😰

Oh wow you got a lot of notice! I only got the invite on Thursday and did my interview the following Monday. I definitely wasn't asked anything I was expecting to. Just read over your personal statement and make sure your comfortable talking about any part of it and revise your a level topics as they can ask u anything about it!
Original post by Anonymous #4
Oh wow you got a lot of notice! I only got the invite on Thursday and did my interview the following Monday. I definitely wasn't asked anything I was expecting to. Just read over your personal statement and make sure your comfortable talking about any part of it and revise your a level topics as they can ask u anything about it!

how did your nsaa go?
how did your nsaa go?

Horrendous.
4.2, 2.1, 2.1
Honestly surprised I got an interview
Original post by Anonymous #4
Horrendous.
4.2, 2.1, 2.1
Honestly surprised I got an interview

Which college? No worries, i also didnt do too well on nsaa
Original post by Tracy.Q
I genuinely wish your application will be strongly appreciated by the admission tutors😊
I don’t know if I can ask this, but is it true that they can ask any AS level I have done? (I have done maths biology chemistry and physics), and they told me that I will have two interviews and nothing about the topic, the time duration or even the interviewers…

Yeah they can ask you anything from your curriculum. However they may ask you about topics you haven't done yet, in which case it's okay to say you haven't studied it yet but you can have a go. Both my interviews were half an hour each and I had two interviewers for each of them.
Original post by Tracy.Q
I genuinely wish your application will be strongly appreciated by the admission tutors😊
I don’t know if I can ask this, but is it true that they can ask any AS level I have done? (I have done maths biology chemistry and physics), and they told me that I will have two interviews and nothing about the topic, the time duration or even the interviewers…

Yeah i also heard that they can ask you anything. When it comes to duration, inyerviewers etc, my friend got the info with details less than 24h before so i guess its normal (he applied for a different subject but still)
Which college? No worries, i also didnt do too well on nsaa

Murray Edwards.
How about other chem eng applicants? How did your nsaa go? Im stressing about my score sm
Original post by Tracy.Q
Thank you for the information! Are both of the interviews about both your personal statement and academic questions, or it’s one of the aspect per interview?

For me the first one was about a level content. The second one started with a question about my ps then some application questions.
Original post by Tracy.Q
I haven’t, it’s on next Tuesday. Completely have no idea about what to expect and am currently stressing out 😰

How did it go today?
Original post by Tracy.Q
Not so well…The first interview went very strange, and the interviewers were frequently giggling at my answers. The second one was smooth. Could have done better by needing less assistance🥲

Don't worry I heard they do that to put u off. And assistance is good! It gives them the chance to see your thought process. It's better that answering everything without needing help. Remember they're assessing how teachable you are. They want you to need help. I'm sure you did better than u think. But it's no use worrying about it now we just have to wait.
But congrats! Go celebrate overcoming the last hurdle in the application process!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending