The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stef29
Does anyone think it may be possible to still get into Huddersfield university for law with lower ucas points?

I got into Huddersfield two years ago through clearing, and I think I was about 60 points lower that what they required - though this was for Chemistry. Doesn't hurt to ring them tomorrow to see what they will say :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by Lostox
I got into Huddersfield two years ago through clearing, and I think I was about 60 points lower that what they required - though this was for Chemistry. Doesn't hurt to ring them tomorrow to see what they will say :smile:

Applied for Criminology and Psychology at Southampton Uni; applied through Extra and it is still in clearing...unsure whether I'll meet the ABB requirements... anyone reckon ill get in on ABC?
Original post by stef29

You're welcome. Good luck with your results! :smile:
So every year we hear lots of stories about students missing their offers in UCAS, but their universities accepting them anyway. It's always interesting to hear about the trends in unis and what unis are accepting people anyway, so TSR...how many of you have got in, even though you missed your offer??

My own, similar, success story is that I got rejected by Edinburgh first time around, then got an offer from them off their internal waiting list come July/August time! What are your stories? What uni accepted you anyway? :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Apparently She-Ra's got one, too!

She-Ra
x
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Apparently She-Ra's got one, too!

I missed my offer to Birmingham by one grade and got in :biggrin:
Theres some video on Youtube with a physics professor from Nottingham saying that all unis deliberately inflate entry requirements to look more prestigious than their competitors and make you feel inclined to firm them. So they might really want ABB but ask for AAA and when you miss the AAA you get accepted anyway because they have the power to do that.
I missed the grades by Nottingham by one and I got in :biggrin:
I needed AAB for law at Bristol but got in with BBB :eek:
Today i have been blessed from on high! My offer was ABB (A in Maths, B in Physics and Chemistry). When i opened the envelope my heart sunk I got a B in Maths and i had the trauma off having to think of clearing so i was told by the teachers to go onto UCAS to check and to me amazement they had accepted me!!! i was so thrilled!!! Happy Days!!!:bl: :biggrin:
Original post by RoundTrip
Theres some video on Youtube with a physics professor from Nottingham saying that all unis deliberately inflate entry requirements to look more prestigious than their competitors and make you feel inclined to firm them. So they might really want ABB but ask for AAA and when you miss the AAA you get accepted anyway because they have the power to do that.

Original post by Axevolution
I needed AAB for law at Bristol but got in with BBB :eek:

Original post by Edward Gibbons
Today i have been blessed from on high! My offer was ABB (A in Maths, B in Physics and Chemistry). When i opened the envelope my heart sunk I got a B in Maths and i had the trauma off having to think of clearing so i was told by the teachers to go onto UCAS to check and to me amazement they had accepted me!!! i was so thrilled!!! Happy Days!!!:bl: :biggrin:

Amazing stuff! Hyped for you guys :biggrin: What are your plans for the rest of day? How are you celebrating?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by She-Ra
Amazing stuff! Hyped for you guys :biggrin: What are your plans for the rest of day? How are you celebrating?

Taking a little nap (Couldn't sleep) and celebrating later with friends most likely :biggrin:
I needed BBB for History but I still got accepted with BCD.
Original post by She-Ra

Going into town now with the family this afternoon and then a party with friends in the evening !!!!
Original post by purple_clouds
Congratulations! :smile: my offer for Law at Bristol was AAA and i got in with A*BB

Thanks, same to you! I guess they were quite lenient this year :biggrin:
Original post by Ndella
I needed BBB for History but I still got accepted with BCD.

hey, how did you do in english, I didn't get mine yet :frown:
When I got my grades I realised I was off by 60 points, so I dreaded logging on to UCAS. After I saw that I got accepted anyway, I was actually crying tears of joy. I've been ecstatic for the past 3 hours!!!
Reply 199
Needed AAA for York, but got A*BC and they offered me Philosophy instead.

HOWEVER

I declined this as Liverpool had given me an unconditional insurance offer, original reqs were ABB :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending