The Student Room Group

Brampton manor

Hi, I’ve been wanting to go Brampton manor and my grades for the subjects i want to do are good such as for English and french therefore my predicted grades would be good but for other subjects like maths and science my grades aren’t the best so do you think these grades will affect my chance of getting in as for the a level subjects I want to do maths and sciences aren’t really necessary.

Any advice from Brampton students will be great pls.
Reply 1
Original post by ibbyndow
Hi, I’ve been wanting to go Brampton manor and my grades for the subjects i want to do are good such as for English and french therefore my predicted grades would be good but for other subjects like maths and science my grades aren’t the best so do you think these grades will affect my chance of getting in as for the a level subjects I want to do maths and sciences aren’t really necessary.

Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently in y12. If you want to do a STEM course, you need a grade 9. Humanities courses, you need a minimum of a 7.
Reply 2
Original post by jisradth

Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently in y12. If you want to do a STEM course, you need a grade 9. Humanities courses, you need a minimum of a 7.

would that be a grade 9 in all stem subjects or js the ones you want to take? i want to take physics maths further maths and econ and im predicted 9s for them but an 8 for bio. would that matter?
Reply 3
Original post by httpluuv

would that be a grade 9 in all stem subjects or js the ones you want to take? i want to take physics maths further maths and econ and im predicted 9s for them but an 8 for bio. would that matter?
Just the ones you'd want to take, generally. But you might as well try for a 9 in bio anyway - it'd make your GPA look better.
Reply 4

Just the ones you'd want to take, generally. But you might as well try for a 9 in bio anyway - it'd make your GPA look better.

thank you! my current grades are

9s in english lit, lang, chem, physics, maths, further maths and rs

8 in bio

7 in geography and pe

6 in french and music

do you think these grades would be good enough for bma?
Reply 5

8 in bio

7 in geography and pe

6 in french and music

yes, definitely!
Reply 6

8 in bio

7 in geography and pe

6 in french and music

yes, definitely!
thank you! also, some of my friends have been scheduled course selection meetings with brampton. is this something that all applicants will be invited to, successful applicants, or randomised applicants?
Reply 7
yes, definitely!

thank you! also, some of my friends have been scheduled course selection meetings with brampton. is this something that all applicants will be invited to, successful applicants, or randomised applicants?

hey, since i'm an internal (went to the secondary skl of bma), i can't give advice on this because i did not get these meetings. our application process was a lot less complicated. apologies for being unable to give sufficient advice !
Reply 8

hey, since i'm an internal (went to the secondary skl of bma), i can't give advice on this because i did not get these meetings. our application process was a lot less complicated. apologies for being unable to give sufficient advice !
Hi, i got an email for a meeting as well. I think the meeting is for those who’s predicted grades go above the minimum of 6.5 and meet the criteria
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9
thank you! also, some of my friends have been scheduled course selection meetings with brampton. is this something that all applicants will be invited to, successful applicants, or randomised applicants? hey, since i'm an internal (went to the secondary skl of bma), i can't give advice on this because i did not get these meetings. our application process was a lot less complicated. apologies for being unable to give sufficient advice !

You internals had it so easy on results day! I went through hell to enroll haha.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 10

Hi, i got an email for a meeting as well. I think the meeting is for those who’s predicted grades go above the minimum of 6.5 and meet the criteria

but my GPA is 8.0 and i’ve got 9s in the subjects i’m taking plus maths and english
Reply 11

but my GPA is 8.0 and i’ve got 9s in the subjects i’m taking plus maths and english
What subjects are you taking?
Reply 12

What subjects are you taking?

physics econ maths and further maths
Reply 13
Hi,did anyone get an induction day with Brampton?
Reply 14
Hi,did anyone get an induction day with Brampton?

did you get invited to one?
Reply 15
did you get invited to one?

Yeah they told me in the interview that i did but they’d send me more details about it by email later

Quick Reply

Latest