The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got into Heriot Watt, needed BBB, I had BCC, but after being rejected phoned them up to ask if a re-mark would help, as I was one UMS mark shy in Biology. They let me in anyway via clearing! So happy
I got an offer from Brunel with BBC + C in AS maths and the requirements were AAB + C in AS maths. I was however a couple marks away from an A for the two B's i received. Nevertheless I'm still in shock how i got accepted.
My friend had A*A*A offer from Imperial College, and he got BA*B but still got in......
Offer of AAB at Durham but got A*BB and got in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Architecture at Robert Gordon University BBB maths, graphic Communication, English. I got ABC (C in English) I got in, they said that my A in maths offset the C to make an overall BBB, I've had a week 1/2 of feeling great. I was so relieved that I'd gotten in my firm choice. My insurance was BC in maths\Graph comm. :colondollar:
I needed an A to go and study Medicine (A in Biology). I got a B and I still got accepted.
I needed A,C,Distinction but I got in uwtsd with C,C,Distinction. Very grateful and happy. Thank you to uwtsd.
Needed AAA for Law and Humanities at Warwick and got in with AABC. My brothers are still like wtf.
Original post by ChildInDisguise
Was expected to get A*CC but got A*CD and was still accepted!
Considering I got EUD last year, I'm pretty happy!

can i ask how your grades improved so much?
did anyone retake a year?
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
did anyone retake a year?

I retook my AS year:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peterith
My friend had A*A*A offer from Imperial College, and he got BA*B but still got in......

I received conditional offers from Imperial College (firm) and UCL (insurance) for biomedical sciences. As an IB graduate, I had a satisfactory overall score for both unis, but missed only one condition at Imperial (6 from chemistry) by 1% (having a score exactly at the upper grade boundary for a 5) and was rejected, despite having an A (34/36) for my chemistry Extended Essay.

Reading stories like yours I was convinced that my acceptance was just a matter of time, but it seems no one should ever be too sure. And in such cases it creates a set of problems, such as arranging accommodation on one's own, especially if you are, like me, from outside the UK.
Original post by einnap101
I retook my AS year:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

how many grades did you go up by?
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
how many grades did you go up by?

Well.. first time I got CDU, second time I changed subjects and got ABB at AS
I recieved an offer for AAB from Lancaster Uni and got an A*,B,D and still got in straight away, I was so shocked!! One of the best moments ever as I only went onto UCAS to start looking through clearing. :colondollar:
Reply 395
Original offer from Sheffield while applying as ABB, got in BCD D*
Original post by Jinks_
Original offer from Sheffield while applying as ABB, got in BCD D*

For what course?
Reply 397
Original post by johnfeb
For what course?

Geography BA
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
What were your grades and for what course? Congrats!! :smile:

offer: ABB for Zoology & I got ABC!
Practically everyone in my sixth form missed their firm offer and, for most people, even their insurance offer by one or two grades but everyone got in. I got ABC and got in to my course which required AAB, so happy :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending