The Student Room Group

2 A-Levels and an AS?

Quite surprised with my results today as I did better than expected! I achieved an A in A2 History, a B in A2 Biology and a B in AS English Literature. I didn't apply for university this year as my AS results were dreadful (ADEU) and I wasn't confident that I would get good enough grades. However, after my results I'm quite set on the idea of studying a biological based course at university but I'm not sure as to whether I would be accepted anywhere.

Should I apply for university with these grades, and if so, go through clearing now or wait until next year?
Also, would it be worth getting one of my biology papers remarked, as I was 6 UMS off an A overall.
Reply 1
Congratulations those results are great! You should definitely apply for University this year, try go through clearing if you don't find what you want just take a gap year.
Reply 2
Original post by THampson
Congratulations those results are great! You should definitely apply for University this year, try go through clearing if you don't find what you want just take a gap year.

Thanks :biggrin: I'd love to apply this year but I'm still not entirely sure on what I want to do. I'm thinking of something like microbiology or biomedical science but I don't really feel comfortable committing myself to something so quickly.
Reply 3
That's fair enough, if you don't want to do. It is probably just to wait a year.
I'd say wait another year so you can figure out what area of the biological sciences you want to go into, do A2 English lit and if possible do Chemistry or Maths as well as those would give you a bit of an advantage, even if taken just to AS level.

As for the remark, 6 ums is probably too much of a difference for it to be worth getting a remark.

Quick Reply

Latest