The Student Room Group

3rd year University

Hi if I averaged 59.66% and my university rounds the figure of your average towards your degree classification so let’s say 60% in Level 5 and Level 5 worth 25% to achieve a 2:1 what would I need to average as a whole in Level 6 if it’s worth 75%…
Original post by Anonymous
Hi if I averaged 59.66% and my university rounds the figure of your average towards your degree classification so let’s say 60% in Level 5 and Level 5 worth 25% to achieve a 2:1 what would I need to average as a whole in Level 6 if it’s worth 75%…

When you say, "my university rounds the figure of your average", does that mean that your university will treat your Level 5 score as a round 60%? Or do you mean that they do this rounding only once they've combined you actual Level 5 score (59.66%) with your actual Level 6 score? I'm going to assume the former.

You'd need to average 60% (or whatever the minimum your university will round up to 60%, which might be 59.5%) to get that 2:1.
Reply 2
Yep, 60% in level 6 across the modules .
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
When you say, "my university rounds the figure of your average", does that mean that your university will treat your Level 5 score as a round 60%? Or do you mean that they do this rounding only once they've combined you actual Level 5 score (59.66%) with your actual Level 6 score? I'm going to assume the former.

You'd need to average 60% (or whatever the minimum your university will round up to 60%, which might be 59.5%) to get that 2:1.

Treat Level 5 score as 60%
Reply 4
Original post by mike23mike
Yep, 60% in level 6 across the modules .

I believe I’m on course to get a 1st, and 2 2:2s one high end towards a 2:1 and a low end 2:2 for level 6 it’s the 3 best 9 credits so it’s the above and also additional modules credited at 15 credits can replace those at level 5 that are also credited 15 if a higher average though I believe one only.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending