The Student Room Group

BTEC Sport And Exercise Sciences

I am currently in Year 12 and going to be in Year 13 this summer. I am taking BTEC Sport and exercise sciences, English Literature,Sociology and Psychology. I decided to drop Psychology because that's the subject that I got a U and continue BTEC sport because I got DDD and overall I got a Distinction*. What I'm confused about is that when I am looking at Uni's and their entry requirements, it says A-Levels: ABB. Does my BTEC Sport count as an "A-Level" because I am continuing the course to 100% as my BTEC level 3 cert is only 50% (Which the 100% is equivalent to 1 A level) and I am also studying English Lit and Sociology.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationals10/level3dip/Pages/default.aspx

Also, when it says: "BTEC National Diplomas= Distinction, Distinction, Merit" what does that mean? Does my BTEC Sport come into that category?

Moreover, when it says "Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDM With A Level Grade B in a humanities related subject" what does it mean?Does my BTEC Sport go into that category? If so, is my A level subjects that I chose a humanities based subject?

Lastly, I'm confused about the gradings in BTEC. For example, When it says "You need DDM" how are the grades added up together? Like for example in "Anatomy or sport and exercise" I got a distinction, in "Sport and exercise physiology" I got a distinction and in "Sport and exercise psychology"I got a distinction. For next year if I get DDM what is my overall grade?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Imperfection--
I am currently in Year 12 and going to be in Year 13 this summer. I am taking BTEC Sport, English Literature,Sociology and Psychology. I decided to drop Psychology because that's the subject that I got a U and continue BTEC sport because I got DDD and overall I got a Distinction*. What I'm confused about is that when I am looking at Uni's and their entry requirements, it says A-Levels: ABB. Does my BTEC Sport count as an "A-Level" because I am continuing the course to 100% as my BTEC level 3 cert is only 50% (Which the 100% is equivalent to 1 A level) and I am also studying English Lit and Sociology.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationals10/level3dip/Pages/default.aspx

Also, when it says: "BTEC National Diplomas= Distinction, Distinction, Merit" what does that mean? Does my BTEC Sport come into that category?

Moreover, when it says "Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDM With A Level Grade B in a humanities related subject" what does it mean?Does my BTEC Sport go into that category? If so, is my A level subjects that I chose a humanities based subject?

Lastly, I'm confused about the gradings in BTEC. For example, When it says "You need DDM" how are the grades added up together? Like for example in "Anatomy or sport and exercise" I got a distinction, in "Sport and exercise physiology" I got a distinction and in "Sport and exercise psychology"I got a distinction. For next year if I get DDM what is my overall grade?
You need to check with your college which category of BTEC your course comes into, and whether it will qualify you to apply to university. I don't know how the BTEC grades are calculated, but again someone at college should be able to explain this to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending