The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL History students 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SoggyTractor
I didn't know about elective modules either ugh. So how do I do that for Spanish then? You are literally teaching me so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahaha yea I think you need to stick to me so you become well aware of uni life in general. :P So an elective module is where you can do a module from another department, e.g. economics, french, philosophy, etc. You need to have the module approved ofc but seeing as you've done Spanish a-level I think you'd be fine. En voila! I think it's quite easy to apply for it, just need to write to the department and choose it as a module officially on portico/module selection form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by RAccurso
Ahahaha yea I think you need to stick to me so you become well aware of uni life in general. :P So an elective module is where you can do a module from another department, e.g. economics, french, philosophy, etc. You need to have the module approved ofc but seeing as you've done Spanish a-level I think you'd be fine. En voila! I think it's quite easy to apply for it, just need to write to the department and choose it as a module officially on portico/module selection form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must've done loads of research in your gap year right? Well thanks again, I was worried that I wouldn't have an opportunity to learn spanish properly for free. I've just emailed the department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
You must've done loads of research in your gap year right? Well thanks again, I was worried that I wouldn't have an opportunity to learn spanish properly for free. I've just emailed the department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well just the last couple weeks, was too excited about uni so I googled all this stuff. Yeah I'm so happy that we can do the elective module. I'll email them once I've pre-enrolled I guess. You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Hi History people,
Just wanted to ask, have any of you had anything in the post from UCL or just the email with the timetable and the module thing? and are any of you going to buy books now or just wait until we get there!? oh and if anyone could send me links to the freshers stuff that would be great cause I don't think I'm on the right freshers page! Sorry for all the questions :smile:
Reply 44
Hey, yeah you have the same things as me. Err not sure about books, but a friend (though he does physics) said I may get an email about reading list and books to buy. So I'd wait.
Atm I can't send links to events or groups but just type into Facebook 'UCL freshers' or ucl history freshers. Groups should pop up XD
Reply 45
Okay cool thank you, also has anyone bought tickets for the Cumberland lodge trip yet?
Original post by Popp111
Okay cool thank you, also has anyone bought tickets for the Cumberland lodge trip yet?

No, how do you buy them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
I haven't yet. Got till Monday 8th September. Also, have you decided which modules you want to do yet :smile:?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 48
Nope, I'm terrible at decision making!! Have you chosen? And how do we actually buy tickets for the lodge, do you know?
Reply 49
I'm very interested in the Chinese one. Not sure about the other.. Lol. Erm not sure... They say shop.. So somewhere on the site.. Or maybe they would email you the link? I'll wait for a bit lol. Which group you going to pick?
Well just the last couple weeks, was too excited about uni so I googled all this stuff. Yeah I'm so happy that we can do the elective module. I'll email them once I've pre-enrolled I guess. You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you pre-enroll? (The Spanish department haven't replied to me). I notice they just sent out a link to Cumberland Lodge tickets - not sure which group to book Aargh
Reply 51
How do you pre-enroll? (The Spanish department haven't replied to me). I notice they just sent out a link to Cumberland Lodge tickets - not sure which group to book Aargh

We have to wait to get the pre-enrolment email, then we can. Yeah I got the Cumberland Lodge email too, think I'm gonn go to the friday/saturday one cos then I'll be at uni for the fresher's fair on the Sunday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have to wait to get the pre-enrolment email, then we can. Yeah I got the Cumberland Lodge email too, think I'm gonn go to the friday/saturday one cos then I'll be at uni for the fresher's fair on the Sunday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just pre-enrolled (but didn't see anything about elective modules?) booked the Lodge and bought tickets to 4 events. Really don't want to look at my bank balance until the student loan's in there...
Reply 53
Just pre-enrolled (but didn't see anything about elective modules?) booked the Lodge and bought tickets to 4 events. Really don't want to look at my bank balance until the student loan's in there...

Ahaha dw I haven't looked at mine either! Which events have you booked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahaha dw I haven't looked at mine either! Which events have you booked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have an option for elective modules on your pre-enrollment form? I've booked the Neon Glow rave, Freshers' Festival and Zoo. Suppose I'll just have to try and sell them if I chicken out/don't know anyone else who's going :tongue:
Reply 55
Oh okay cool, nope you'll choose modules once we start. Were you given a UCL email address? It wants to know if I have one but I don't know it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay cool, nope you'll choose modules once we start. Were you given a UCL email address? It wants to know if I have one but I don't know it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, no, we get UCL e-mails when we enrol and hand in our ID in person. Which is annoying because I need it to get on the East Campbell House FB page.
Reply 57
Oh right, no, we get UCL e-mails when we enrol and hand in our ID in person. Which is annoying because I need it to get on the East Campbell House FB page.

Oh right I see. Lol what? So how is anybody getting onto the group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! Just found this page, I'm also starting History in September! I got Goldsmid as my accommodation, which is a bit further away and expensive than I would've liked but I guess I'm going to have to work with it! Been looking at modules today, not sure what to do as a module from another subject though. Also I did my pre-enrolment today and bought a ticket for the Icebreaker, but personally I'd rather just buy tickets for what the UCLU are doing as that UCL only rather than general London universities. I'm getting too many Freshers notifications on Facebook!
Reply 59
Did you have an option for elective modules on your pre-enrollment form? I've booked the Neon Glow rave, Freshers' Festival and Zoo. Suppose I'll just have to try and sell them if I chicken out/don't know anyone else who's going :tongue:

Where did you buy these from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending