The Student Room Group

management has not changed my hours

I am due to go to university next month and I wanted my hours cut starting beginning of September so I can settle into a routine but unfortunately I have a whole month of my usual hours and they cannot change them or else we will he understaffed. I gave them notice in June, they require at least one month so that's plenty of time. I spoke to her and she said she will sort it out but she has not. I really hate doing this as I am doing things properly but they are not taking any notice. I tried to talk to them but they just said they was busy and off they went!! What do I do? I cam get away with it this month but its next month if they do it again then i will probably lose my job as i will have to refuse to work those hours as my education comes first! Annoyed isn't the word :frown: why didn't they take notice of my letter I gave to them?! And i spoke to them verbally as well.
I take it you work in retail or something? This used to happen to me and my colleagues ALL the time when we were in retail. To put it bluntly, they don't care. They don't care whether you have other commitments. They know that they can quite easily replace you with someone else looking for a job with those hours. You have to explain to them that you cannot continue working those hours and you complied with their 1 month notice policy, however as far as I'm aware, they do not have to cut your hours/contract if it isn't right for them. You may very well have to leave that job and find another one. Now might be a good time to start looking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending