The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester applicants and offer holders thread 2015

Hello everyone!
It's the time now :smile: Who else is applying/thinking of applying to University of Manchester and for what course?
Is it your top choice? :smile:
I'm definitely applying for BSc Computer Science with professional experience and it's my top choice. REALLY HOPING FOR AN OFFER!
Good luck to everyone else:smile:

---
Connect to University of Manchester here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying for social anthropology! :smile: but it's not my first choice! :tongue:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hello! I'm apply to Manchester for Biochemistry with French! I'm juggling between here and Birmingham as my top choice :smile: good luck to you too !
Original post by overthelove
Hello! I'm apply to Manchester for Biochemistry with French! I'm juggling between here and Birmingham as my top choice :smile: good luck to you too !

Hello, Both are world-leading universities. :smile: As I'm an international applicant, I can't visit UK :frown: but Manchester seems to have a great international reputation :smile: It scored a perfect 100 for Employment reputation among top employers (QS world University rankings 2013).
Good luck with your choices :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by halamadrid777
Hello, Both are world-leading universities. :smile: As I'm an international applicant, I can't visit UK :frown: but Manchester seems to have a great international reputation :smile: It scored a perfect 100 for Employment reputation among top employers (QS world University rankings 2013).
Good luck with your choices :smile:

Oh cool! Where are you from? :smile: Good luck with your choices too! :smile:
Oh cool! Where are you from? :smile: Good luck with your choices too! :smile:

India :smile: but live in Russia. :smile: What are your other choices ? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
India :smile: but live in Russia. :smile: What are your other choices ? :smile:

You're so cultured and you live in Russia?! I'm trying to learn the language! You're so lucky :smile: my other choices are York, Imperial and either Warwick/Bath/Newcastle! How about you? :smile:
You're so cultured and you live in Russia?! I'm trying to learn the language! You're so lucky :smile: my other choices are York, Imperial and either Warwick/Bath/Newcastle! How about you? :smile:

Not sure lol ! :biggrin: I'm thinking of Sheffield, Queens Belfast, Liverpool, and Cardiff. I like Leeds, Bristol, King's, Glasgow, Bham, Soton, and St. Andrew as well. My dad is not so keen on Scottish Unis because he thinks spending an extra year's money is not worth it. Still, I'll apply to Glasgow in place of QUB if I change my mind later :P will not firm or insure it. Just for fun ehehe :P
Not sure lol ! :biggrin: I'm thinking of Sheffield, Queens Belfast, Liverpool, and Cardiff. I like Leeds, Bristol, King's, Glasgow, Bham, Soton, and St. Andrew as well. My dad is not so keen on Scottish Unis because he thinks spending an extra year's money is not worth it. Still, I'll apply to Glasgow in place of QUB if I change my mind later :P will not firm or insure it. Just for fun ehehe :P

That's interesting about the Scottish unis - I'm from England and never really considered applying anywhere in Scotland! My dad thinks it's too far! :smile: all are really good options by the way :smile: !
That's interesting about the Scottish unis - I'm from England and never really considered applying anywhere in Scotland! My dad thinks it's too far! :smile: all are really good options by the way :smile: !

Thank you!! :smile: and yours too :smile:
I'm in! :smile: MA in Human Rights!
I will be applying for Acturial Science and Mathematics (BSc).

Really love Manchester University...
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm applying to the 5 year medicine course :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Economics and politics/ law and politics
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I'm applying to the 5 year medicine course :biggrin:

:goodluck: Medicine is so hard to get into :s-smilie: What are your other choices if you don't mind me asking? :rolleyes:
Original post by golden tribe
Economics and politics/ law and politics

Good luck to you too! :smile:
:goodluck: Medicine is so hard to get into :s-smilie: What are your other choices if you don't mind me asking? :rolleyes:

Thank you!! I'm looking at Sheffield, Newcastle, Plymouth and St George in London :smile: What are you applying to?
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Thank you!! I'm looking at Sheffield, Newcastle, Plymouth and St George in London :smile: What are you applying to?

BSc Computer Science AT Manchester, Sheffield , Liverpool, Cardiff, and QUB. Good luck :smile:.
(edited 9 years ago)
BSc Mathematics (G100) AT Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff, and QUB. Good luck :smile:.

Thanks, same to you :smile:
Reply 19
I may be applying for children's nursing at Manchester :smile: It's not my first choice though

I've heard that it's really competitive and hard to get in which kind of puts me off.

Latest