The Student Room Group

Official: University of Manchester A106 2023 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Manchester A106 2023 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads
2021: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6512038
2022: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7089704

For general information click: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/01428/mbchb-medicine/
For entry requirements click: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/01428/mbchb-medicine/entry-requirements/#course-profile

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would you say it’s worth applying to Manchester if my UCAT is only 2500 + band 1? (WP)
Reply 2
Original post by May555
Would you say it’s worth applying to Manchester if my UCAT is only 2500 + band 1? (WP)

the cutoff last year was 2730 and if u miss cutoff they use holistic approach which I don't know much about so there are safer unis to choose from imo
Is anyone on here currently at Manchester doing medicine? Just want to understand the course a bit more. It says PBL, but that it is under review at the moment. Not sure I fancy a fully PBL approach so am unsure about applying. Many thanks.
Reply 4
Any idea about Manchester offer rate last year? Doesn't mention on their website
Reply 5
about 40% interview to offer rate
Original post by KaTa10
Any idea about Manchester offer rate last year? Doesn't mention on their website
Reply 6
Original post by Dabz69
about 40% interview to offer rate

Thank you
Would it be worth applying with 2780 band 2?
Reply 8
depends how safe ure other options r and how much u want to go to manchester
Original post by jsingh1029
Would it be worth applying with 2780 band 2?
Worth applying with 2720 B2 with WP. I am soo close off the threshold but I'm a bit stressed that threshold will increase this year.
Original post by adiatcool
Worth applying with 2720 B2 with WP. I am soo close off the threshold but I'm a bit stressed that threshold will increase this year.

WP cut off was 2590 last year
Original post by Kevinyang
WP cut off was 2590 last year

When i look on the website it say "WP+", so is just WP on its own not enough for a lower threshold?
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Hi does anyone know if interviews are online or in person this year?
Hi, my gcses are 8888877766, ucat score 2680 B2, predicted A*AA, WP. Is it worth for me to apply?
Original post by unknown10022511
Hi, my gcses are 8888877766, ucat score 2680 B2, predicted A*AA, WP. Is it worth for me to apply?

If you’re WP+ then you have a good shot.
im only WP ):
Original post by stellar3847
If you’re WP+ then you have a good shot.
Hey! I'm a gap year student with a 2820 and band 2 in the UCAT and 3A* in my a-levels. I'm not sure whether I would be able to get an interview for Manchester and how likely am I to get that?
Original post by emojisomething
Hey! I'm a gap year student with a 2820 and band 2 in the UCAT and 3A* in my a-levels. I'm not sure whether I would be able to get an interview for Manchester and how likely am I to get that?

You will most likely get one as you are in the upper 2 deciles
Thank you xx
Original post by adiatcool
You will most likely get one as you are in the upper 2 deciles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending