University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just got my offers to study Maths!! :biggrin:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
just got an offer to study law however, am so confused right now on which to choose between Liverpool or lancaster. also, I have my LNAT tomorrow for Birmingham but I'll be expecting a rejection so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Just got my offers to study Maths!! :biggrin:

Well done! :wink:
Original post by tarteeliax
Haha I know being a sociology student has taught me a lot of about crime and deviance and the media blowing and amplifying irrational non-existent deviance...any who I don't care what anyone has to say if I get the grades I'm going to LIVERPOOL regardless it's a good uni,good status and reputation

Posted from TSR Mobile

My life depends on it!!! I have to get in tbf! !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieLisa96
Coming from Liverpool I can say its a great city!

Do you think if I get A*BC they'll reject me? Or it has to spot on ABB due to some government policy? :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
Original post by lightningdoritos
Does anyone know if the Applicant Discovery Day is compulsory?

It's not but I went last year and it was really good to see where we'd be taught, meet some of the lecturers and stuff
Reply 426
Original post by SuperSah
I'm originally from the North and yes, Liverpool is known from where I'm from for being very crime ridden, run down and extremely racist. As a mixed race person, I don't really wish to be in an all-white community again.

I wish I could actually visit Liverpool, but getting there is a mission in itself.

Also, from what I've seen, the accommodation is absolutely horrendous, and I need to consider all factors since I'll be living there for three years.

Had no problems whatsoever living in Liverpool for the last 3 months, was scared about crime and racism (being black) but everyone has been nothing but friendly and I've had the best few months of my life. Only problem is the distance from home (down south)!
Reply 427
Original post by SuperSah
And what about the culture divide?

I'm 90% sure it's majority white.

But 87% of the entire England & Wales population are white anyway?
Original post by ksisya
But 87% of the entire England & Wales population are white anyway?

This country is Britain not Africa or Pakistan? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Original post by fudgecake22
This country is Britain not Africa or Pakistan? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does that have to do with anything? You have clearly misinterpreted my argument, blinded by your ignorance. The person I replied to claimed that Liverpool was lacking in culture because it is 90% white, I said that it doesn't matter because England and Wales is 87% white so how can you judge a city for not being cultured or lacking in ethnic minorities in a country that is predominantly black. But, yes, to answer the clearly ignorant question - this isn't Africa or Pakistan, sir.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Well done! :wink:

Thanks!
On the website it says 479 places for Law for 2013 entry. But, does the unlimited number of students on results day with ABB mean they can ttake as much people on as possible? Anyone? Thanks. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied a week and a half ago for History and still haven't got a response...sigh.

One thing I have to say is that I have dyslexia and Liverpool are the only uni so far to have spoken to me about this, they emailed me and gave me a run don of what will happen if i get an offer and who to speak too ect... really classy I thought :smile:

Just want an offer :frown:

BTW I got this email yesterday from Liverpool, im assuming others got the same but in case anyone missed it and is wondering why they haven't got a response! No response until the 5th of January either now :frown:

Thank you for your application to the University of Liverpool. I am writing to you because we have experienced a huge increase in applications this year, and I wanted to reassure you that we are currently working through those applications and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your admissions contact (see your application acknowledgment email for details). However, please note the University is closed from December 23, 2014 to January 5, 2015.
Original post by Kemosabe99
Applied a week and a half ago for History and still haven't got a response...sigh.

One thing I have to say is that I have dyslexia and Liverpool are the only uni so far to have spoken to me about this, they emailed me and gave me a run don of what will happen if i get an offer and who to speak too ect... really classy I thought :smile:

Just want an offer :frown:

BTW I got this email yesterday from Liverpool, im assuming others got the same but in case anyone missed it and is wondering why they haven't got a response! No response until the 5th of January either now :frown:

Thank you for your application to the University of Liverpool. I am writing to you because we have experienced a huge increase in applications this year, and I wanted to reassure you that we are currently working through those applications and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your admissions contact (see your application acknowledgment email for details). However, please note the University is closed from December 23, 2014 to January 5, 2015.

Does the bit about a huge increase in applicants worry you or anyone else? I mean they don't say it's an increase, but a huge increase lol so if we're talking percentage wise, that's really is a large number of students!
Does the bit about a huge increase in applicants worry you or anyone else? I mean they don't say it's an increase, but a huge increase lol so if we're talking percentage wise, that's really is a large number of students!

personally, yes quite as im going for a competitive course!
Original post by Kemosabe99
personally, yes quite as im going for a competitive course!

Let's hope it's spread out enough so it's not too bad per course! Although for you it's probably hard as it is, what course btw?
I've come to University of Liverpool this year from living in London and I absolutely love it!! The university itself is great and I love the city there is always something going on and its a wicked night out soo much choice 100% recommend it to anyone especially if you're excited for the social side of uni. My brother has already chosen it as his first choice because of how much I rave about it haha!
Original post by miss_amyjaynex
I've come to University of Liverpool this year from living in London and I absolutely love it!! The university itself is great and I love the city there is always something going on and its a wicked night out soo much choice 100% recommend it to anyone especially if you're excited for the social side of uni. My brother has already chosen it as his first choice because of how much I rave about it haha!

I can definitely trust you on that one for sure!!! Can't wait to come there in September! !!!:smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's hope it's spread out enough so it's not too bad per course! Although for you it's probably hard as it is, what course btw?

history
Original post by Sangha97
Got a conditional offer for ABB at Liverpool for Law. Can't wait to go on a guided tour in January to see what the place is like, as I've only heard good things. :smile: My other option is Bristol (AAB) so I'm not sure whether to go for a better uni but worse city (Bristol) or a slightly worse uni but better city (Liverpool)?? Any advice would be appreciated

omg in the exact same boat!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending