The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tarteeliax
Anyone care to share how the law applicant day went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to the law applicant day on Saturday and was pretty good. surprisingly, I was the only boy there haha but it was great. we first of all had a welcome talk then followed by a law talk which ended by discussing a case which was Dudley v Stevens (1884). overall, it was pretty good plus lunch was provided as well. you should have come instead of procrastinating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Haha thankyou and I did some retail therapy instead of attending and I don't regret it lol and ugh I'm a female and it makes me feel on edge how the entire course is female orientated, feel the mix of sexes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thankyou and I did some retail therapy instead of attending and I don't regret it lol and ugh I'm a female and it makes me feel on edge how the entire course is female orientated, feel the mix of sexes

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha am not exaggerating lol, I mean we had this session on a case and we consequently had to sit round this table lol. hahaha there was girls all round the table, am speaking of 20s and I just became odd (the boy). haha imagine the picture, it was so strange lol, I initially thought law would be a combo of sexes haha but don't get me wrong here, I am not too disappointed 😜😉.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahhaahahah of course it'll be rift up your street of course coming from a male perspective and yeah I did read the entire case really interesting what was the verdict? 😂😭👏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laura596
Did anyone go to life sciences open day? How was it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did! It was great actually; better than I expected! We had an introduction talk, then split into your 'degree course' groups (Mine was: Genetics) and met the professors and did a tour around the Life Sciences Building, then had an informal talk about are degree course :smile: Afterwards, had a free lunch, then had to leave :s-smilie: But there's accommodation tours after lunch and more stuff!
As a whole: I enjoyed it and it was very informative and learned a lot about the course and found out some new things about the university :smile:
Reply 585
anyone applied for nursing? if so what is the interview like?
Original post by angusia
I just got an offer for Law with Business Studies, although I still can't decide between Liverpool Uni, Manchester Met and Salford as I will probably move to Manchester from Wakefield and live there, not in Liverpool (I'll live with my boyfriend and he will definitely have a job in Manchester). Does anyone know if there's an easy access to Liverpool from Manchester? And any advice on which uni is better? In Liverpool, I will study a LLB Law with Business course which I think is better than BA Business Management with Law which I would study in the other two unis, although I know the first one will be much harder. What do you guys think?

Hi,

You've probably received the response you want by now, but my boyfriend is at uni in Liverpool and I have to get the train to see him which requires me changing at Manchester! The train from Manchester to Liverpool takes about 50 minutes, it is very regular as well! With a railcard it's about £8 return too. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by mo76
For me it is a 1hour 45min journey on the train!
I have offers from University of Manchester, University of Leeds, University of Liverpool and i really don't know which one i want to go to hence by going i might like one more then the other....

I have offers from the same unis and I'm stuck between them too :frown:
Hahahahhaahahah of course it'll be rift up your street of course coming from a male perspective and yeah I did read the entire case really interesting what was the verdict? 😂😭👏

Posted from TSR Mobile

well, they were initially found guilty which in that period meant that they would have faced the death penalty however, they were granted a pardon instead. hahaha lol, you have to go to another applicant day lol and then you'll testify to what am saying hahaha😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha aww interesting I probably would say the same tbh it was a difficult and complicated circumstance tbh with the context they were in & haha you've told me everything I wanted to know so thankyou for that, I just hope I do get ABB and get into LIVERPOOL now ☺️💭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Original post by Bruno26
I did! It was great actually; better than I expected! We had an introduction talk, then split into your 'degree course' groups (Mine was: Genetics) and met the professors and did a tour around the Life Sciences Building, then had an informal talk about are degree course :smile: Afterwards, had a free lunch, then had to leave :s-smilie: But there's accommodation tours after lunch and more stuff!
As a whole: I enjoyed it and it was very informative and learned a lot about the course and found out some new things about the university :smile:

I agree. the life sciences day was very good and it was better than what i thought it would be! Im really thinking of firming liverpool, the course and city look to me amazing :biggrin:
Original post by evg_rad
I agree. the life sciences day was very good and it was better than what i thought it would be! Im really thinking of firming liverpool, the course and city look to me amazing :biggrin:

Same! I think I'm going to 'firm' Liverpool :biggrin: The only thing that's bothering me is that the accommodations are 'expensive' :s-smilie: although, I do love Crown Place and Vine Court!

Despite that, Swansea looks great too! I'm going to visit it on February 18, just so I can see if I do like it or whether it's a match against Liverpool, and I also get to miss a day off school :wink:

It's basically: Liverpool VS Swansea :colone:
Haha aww interesting I probably would say the same tbh it was a difficult and complicated circumstance tbh with the context they were in & haha you've told me everything I wanted to know so thankyou for that, I just hope I do get ABB and get into LIVERPOOL now ☺️💭

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah haha wish you actually went to see that I was the only boy there haha😂. oh well, I hope you get the grades and there is a likelihood that i might just see you there if I don't make my firm choice. best of luck lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
Has anyone else applied for nursing? :smile:
Original post by steelman1000
I went to the law applicant day on Saturday and was pretty good. surprisingly, I was the only boy there haha but it was great. we first of all had a welcome talk then followed by a law talk which ended by discussing a case which was Dudley v Stevens (1884). overall, it was pretty good plus lunch was provided as well. you should have come instead of procrastinating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you in the straight law talk? I was there and there were quite a few boys...
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422304666.300305.jpg this is the statistic on which university website guide and this is the stats for the university of LIVERPOOL for law and criminology 73% females 🔫😂😭 I am a girl and oh my god too many girls becomes a bitch fest, I generally catch more banter and get along with guys more easily but I love girls too don't get it twiste

Posted from TSR Mobile
*law with criminology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohlookitschloe
Were you in the straight law talk? I was there and there were quite a few boys...

are you a girl? trust me the ratio of boys to girls was about 1:10

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422304666.300305.jpg this is the statistic on which university website guide and this is the stats for the university of LIVERPOOL for law and criminology 73% females 🔫😂😭 I am a girl and oh my god too many girls becomes a bitch fest, I generally catch more banter and get along with guys more easily but I love girls too don't get it twiste

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahahahahaha 😂 wow!! TBH, I don't know whether I should be happy or disappointed.....quite happy😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha as I previously stated of course coming from a guy perspective it must be a positive thing but I'd favour the variety that's all; are you studying law singularly or law with criminology aswell ''

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending