The Student Room Group

should I pursue a uni degree alongside A'levels?

because I want to be a chartered accountant and my current grades are CDD in biology, chemistry and physics. Would it be possible to do good at uni and alevels if I do this?
Reply 1
Why do you want to A Levels again when you're already at university?
Original post by thebrahmabull
because I want to be a chartered accountant and my current grades are CDD in biology, chemistry and physics. Would it be possible to do good at uni and alevels if I do this?

Why would you need A-Levels for Accoutancy? Your degree will be enough :s-smilie:

It'll be too much.

A degree is worth a lot more than your A levels. If you're studying A+F or Economics related courses then you're unlikely to have time. Why not concentrate on getting a 1st or a 2:1 then reading your masters at a better university?
Original post by JayJay-C19
Why would you need A-Levels for Accoutancy? Your degree will be enough :s-smilie:

It'll be too much.

well they have a UCAS score requirement, which is 280 or above.
All top 50 firms seem to have this, and I don't want to get in a crap firm lol

Well then why are you asking this question? You obviously have to go and do it unfortunately.
Original post by JayJay-C19
Well then why are you asking this question? You obviously have to go and do it unfortunately.

just seeing people's opinions about doing A + uni
just seeing people's opinions about doing A + uni

Fair enough. I didn't mean to sound rude it just sounds like such a pointless question to pose when you are going to HAVE to do it regardless... I would imagine you would struggle. They're not designed to be done alongside anything else.
Reply 8

Then why are you asking if you can do a degree and A Levels at the same time when you don't have the requirements to get onto the degree in the first place??

You do A Levels first, then your degree.. not both at the same time :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest