The Student Room Group

Why is the University of Southampton so underrated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntdoug
Southampton University is miles away from town center, that's one of the hugest problems... There's not much that far out in Southampton with the university, but fortunately for Solent, they are in the center of the city with student accommodation very close too.

That's not a problem for Southampton Uni as it just encompasses Highfield and Portswood areas and those places have most of your day to day needs. If you want to go into main town then you can and it's easily accessible by bus, train, foot, bike or taxi (for a reasonable price).
Original post by hothedgehog
That's not a problem for Southampton Uni as it just encompasses Highfield and Portswood areas and those places have most of your day to day needs. If you want to go into main town then you can and it's easily accessible by bus, train, foot, bike or taxi (for a reasonable price).

3 miles or so from Highfield Campus to West Quay Shopping Centre, on foot, that's a 6 mile round trip... quite a journey to be making on foot, no?
Original post by mynameisntdoug
3 miles or so from Highfield Campus to West Quay Shopping Centre, on foot, that's a 6 mile round trip... quite a journey to be making on foot, no?

I've done it before although, I personally would cycle as it's quicker. It's certainly not an unreasonable distance. Anyway, the city centre's not that great - all it is is shops. The common is much nearer Highfield campus and I would much rather go there any day!
Go to Swansea University. Its better than them all.
Original post by steve1991
Go to Swansea University. Its better than them all.

10/10
best joke
I went, its top for engineering, had a fantastic time. They really try to make it good for freshers too.
AND they have a MASSIVE new engineering campus for the newcomers this year. Pretty much a whole new university.
Which is also better for those who dont do engineering because they will have the whole university free of engineers, which means better facilities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending