The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam: Adult Nursing 2014/2015; Central Quay

Scroll to see replies

I'm at Leeds for access course. I applied just before Xmas for Sheffield had interview 2 weeks ago. Have u got an interview with Sheffield?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by rachels89
I'm at Leeds for access course. I applied just before Xmas for Sheffield had interview 2 weeks ago. Have u got an interview with Sheffield?

I applied 17th December but not heard anything yet. I did mine distance learning and finished a few months back. I'm finding it really hard not knowing anything. When did you apply and have you got experience. It's driving me insane x x
Original post by Natilly86
I applied 17th December but not heard anything yet. I did mine distance learning and finished a few months back. I'm finding it really hard not knowing anything. When did you apply and have you got experience. It's driving me insane x x

I've not heard anything either I applied before Xmas getting real anxious now xx
Original post by Jadelouise1
I've not heard anything either I applied before Xmas getting real anxious now xx

Its so frustrating isn't it!! I just want to know either way x x
It's awful all the waiting isn't it! I have had experience in care home for about 5 years but left when I had twins which is nearly 3 years ago now. X
Original post by Jadelouise1

Have you had your interview yet? I applied 23rd December and not heard anything only received an email saying they have my application x
Has anyone received any information about an interview yet? My friend got his today and I'm starting to really worry as I haven't got any response from them :frown:
I haven't heard anything yet!! :-( when did you and your friend apply?? X x
I haven't heard anything yet!! :-( when did you and your friend apply?? X x

Me and him applied in January if I'm not mistaken and he got an email yesterday telling him to come to an interview in March. Aww, I hope they reply to us soon. When did you apply? I'm getting so anxious waiting... :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I applied in December :-( I hope we here soon too x x
I applied in December :-( I hope we here soon too x x

Don't worry too much, it took them a while to get back to me, I applied beginning of October and I heard back end of November! Good luck! C:
I wouldnt worry about not hearing from them as i applied last January and didnt hear from them til the end of march for a selection day in april! It didnt take too long for them to send an offer after that. I got in for this march but deferred til this september so ill be seeing all of you there hopefully! :smile:. Good luck!
I have my interview through for in April now I'm so nervous... If you don't mind me asking what's the selection event like and do you offer any advice to me on what to look up?? Hopefully see you in September well done !! Xxx
Thank you. My advice would be to just stay calm do your research,be yourself and get involved. When it came to my one to one interview the person interviewing me didnt even ask about the video, but still try to think of what you could be asked about it just incase (the video was about someone who had suffered from a stroke, doubt itll be the same). I was asked questions such as why do i want to do nursing, why adult and not child, etc. I was also asked about the francis report !. I had my group activity first where we (we were in groups of 4-5)had to build something from a few basic items such as newspapers and straws! So use your intiative and make sure you stand out from the rest but try not to take over let others have a say. Then we watched the video and was told to think of questions we could be asked from that. Then we had to wait downstairs for a while after that we was then invited upstairs for our one to one interviews. So yeah look up recent news around nursing, the francis report etc! The interviewer asked me for recent news and i decided to talk about the francis report then she asked questions about it.
Hope ive helped (a little) xxx
(edited 9 years ago)
That's brilliant Thankyou so much !! Yes I have been revising he Francis report !! When you say build something what did you build and obviously the video .... They could ask you questions regarding someone who has had a stroke ? Thankyou again for your help it is very helpful xx
Your welcome. Thats good hopefully you'll do fine. We had to build a bridge that could support a toy car, obviously it didn't have to be great they just wanted to see how we worked as a team. Yeah it could've been anything around someone who has had a stroke. Good luck xxx
Almost forgot to say.. Prepare a few questions to ask them after the one to one such as what does this university offer that others dont? Xxx
Really nervous i still haven't recieved an interview date and all my friends from college got email yesterday inviting them for interview :frown: I've applied for March intake anyone else in this predicament?????
Same position as you but I'm applying for the September intake one this year. I really want to contact them about it but I don't want to look impatient lol.
Original post by dopenojoke
Same position as you but I'm applying for the September intake one this year. I really want to contact them about it but I don't want to look impatient lol.

It's really annoying me all my friends are starting to get interviews and I've still not heard anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending