The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Midwifery 2024

Has anyone else had an interview with sheffield hallam for midwifery? Even in previous years? I had mine this morning but had to be rescheduled as I completely blanked when being asked about the “talking heads” video. I wont share what was asked as will give unfair advantage to some but i am now worried that I will be seen as unprepared and will reflect poorly on me. I got all muddled up. I have done good in my other interviews so far so not sure what went wrong.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if the video is a new thing so precious years can’t offer advice? I hope my passion comes across and I was prepared for all other answers!

Other unis i have applied to: Leeds, Nottingham, Surrey and Cardiff. Got cardiff tomorrow eek: was meant to be my final one but got to resist sheffield now!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I had my interview yesterday and had an email today that they're waiting for the deadline day before they make a decision... But I was told that if you score over a certain amount you're guaranteed an offer and less than that you go into a holding pool thing. I think there's a lower threshold that get straight no's as well... I could cry really cos I got my application in as early as I possibly could and now it seems that doesn't really count for much 🤷🏻*♀️
Ah well, good luck!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Zoe3787
Hi I had my interview yesterday and had an email today that they're waiting for the deadline day before they make a decision... But I was told that if you score over a certain amount you're guaranteed an offer and less than that you go into a holding pool thing. I think there's a lower threshold that get straight no's as well... I could cry really cos I got my application in as early as I possibly could and now it seems that doesn't really count for much 🤷🏻*♀️
Ah well, good luck!

Oh well done for your interview! I’m guessing u did well on the “talking heads” question. I’m not sure at all why i blanked as it’s unlike me but I’m hoping to wow them enough in my second interview. Annoying we have to wait so long to find out tho!
Reply 3
Hi! Yes I think I did okay, I feel like I blanked myself at one of the questions but I'm hoping I recovered well and I earned enough points to see me through! I'm not feeling overly optimistic though I won't lie!

Good luck for your interview - when is it?
Reply 4
Original post by Zoe3787
Hi! Yes I think I did okay, I feel like I blanked myself at one of the questions but I'm hoping I recovered well and I earned enough points to see me through! I'm not feeling overly optimistic though I won't lie!

My rescheduled interview is on the 31st! Got three offers so far from leeds, nottingham and surrey so i must be doing something right haha
Reply 5
woohoo!! Good luck then, not that you will need it... Hallam is my only option :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Zoe3787
woohoo!! Good luck then, not that you will need it... Hallam is my only option :frown:

Good luck!! I’m sure you did fab x
Reply 7
Original post by Zoe3787

Have you heard back yet?
Reply 8
My interview for Sheffield Hallam is tomorrow too! good luck 😀 i have watched the video god knows how many times and very intrigued for the questions there going to ask
Reply 9
Original post by eviecorker
Have you heard back yet?

Not heard anything yet, What time is your interview? Good luck! Let me know how you get on :smile:
Reply 10
I had an email saying they are still considering my application and I will hear back before 29/02/2024...
They work on a grading system, so above a certain percentage is a yes and below a certain percentage is a no, the ones in the middle are in a holding pool until all applications have been considered and then they select the 'best' from the pool... so this is where I currently am! I'm gutted as I am pretty certain I won't get a yes now, but nothing I can do about it! Fingers crossed for us all!
Original post by Zoe3787

Not heard anything yet, What time is your interview? Good luck! Let me know how you get on :smile:

Thankyou! It was at 9! I think it went ok but we’ll find out
Reply 12
Thankyou! It was at 9! I think it went ok but we’ll find out

Mine was at 9am too! 😊
Reply 13
Exciting! Hope they went well for you both!

Most people had an email the next day with details, so I will look forward to seeing what they said! Good luck! ❤️ xx
Reply 14
Original post by Zoe3787

Most people had an email the next day with details, so I will look forward to seeing what they said! Good luck! ❤️ xx

I’ve just received the same email! 🤣 positive vibes for all of us! Hallam is my first option aswell Zoe Xxx
Original post by GK2024
Original post by Zoe3787

I’ve just received the same email! 🤣 positive vibes for all of us! Hallam is my first option aswell Zoe Xxx

I just got the same email saying i’ve been out on hold till the end of feb. Ugh this is torture!
Reply 16

I just got the same email saying i’ve been out on hold till the end of feb. Ugh this is torture!
I would rather them just not email at all, manifestingoffers for us 🤣🤣🤣
Reply 17

I would rather them just not email at all, manifesting offers for us 🤣🤣
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by GK2024

I would rather them just not email at all, manifesting offers for us 🤣🤣

I know! Do you know anyone’s whose got in? I thought the interview went well but now i’m majorly worried!!
Reply 19
I know! Do you know anyone’s whose got in? I thought the interview went well but now i’m majorly worried!!

I thought mine went amazing at first then I like fizzed towards to end and them talking head video questions 😩 my mind just went blank. And I don’t know anyone that’s got in, I’m doing currently doing an access course and there was 3 others doing midwifery but they’ve dropped out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending